5 - Dull place

"You're here!"

My uncle hugged me when I entered his office. The smell of coffee tickled my nose and I noticed some dark circles under his eyes. He must have been working late.

"Were you busy?"

I took a seat on the black armchair that was placed next to his desk before looking around his office.

"Yeah, needed to find the culprit of some case that recently happened. Couldn't sleep yesterday, but it's nothing new," he slurred. "I was actually about to head to the hospital to meet the victim. You can look into the case while I'm out. People won't come in here, so you don't have to worry about that."

The hospital?

Maybe I could find something there.

"Oh, can I go with you? I actually don't like being left alone..."

He was walking out the door but stopped on his tracks and looked back at me in deep thoughts.

"The victim is actually in critical condition and in a really bad state... I don't think I can allow you to see him."

"Then, I can just wait for you outside at the hospital. Please?"

He sighed before gesturing me to come. "Alright. Just don't go anywhere else."

🌹🌹🌹

"Detective, you're here," a man dressed in a long coat and a suit under it greeted my uncle and turned to look at me. "And she is?"

"My niece," he cooed and pulled me in for a side hug. "Isn't she pretty?"

"Indeed, she is."

My gosh, I was starting to blush.

"Shall we go to the room?"

They went ahead and left me in the lounge. I sighed as I plopped down on the couch. I frowned as the smell of hospital became stronger. It was the one thing I hated the most.

It made me feel like I was sick.

I suddenly regretted wanting to come here. I could have just went to some crime scenes or something instead.

With the hope to spot someone unusual, I looked around the hospital in boredom. There were some people dressed in suits, but the others were talking to them so they were human alright.

If only that short dude admitted that he was a reaper, I wouldn't be doing such unnecessary things like this. I groaned, throwing my head back.

"Um, excuse me?"

I sat upright and turned to the nurse who was standing next to me.

"Are you Evelyn?"

"Yes?"

"Your uncle sent me to tell you that he was going to take longer."

"Why?"

"Um... the patient he was visiting just passed away..." she gulped.

I jumped up from my seat.

Then that means...

I quickly ran to where they went but it was off limits for outsiders. Cursing under my breath, I ran my fingers through my hair and paced in front of the door.

If only I could enter...

The nurse ran after me and caught my hand. "Your uncle told me not to bring you near this place. This isn't someplace a young girl like you should be. Come on." She led me back to where I came from and I couldn't fight back.

Since I couldn't enter, there was no use fighting.

Just then, I spotted that Jimin guy walking towards us. I quickly looked down, hiding my face. He walked past us, without noticing me, and turned around a corner.

He didn't enter that room.

"Um, miss?"

The nurse looked back at me while walking. "Yes?"

"Did you see that guy just now?"

"Who?"

"That silver haired man in a suit who just walked past us."

"Oh. That handsome guy? Yes, why?"

"Nothing," I sighed.

So he's not a reaper.

Then why does he look like the one I saw before.

I gasped quietly.

Do all reapers look the same? Plastic surgeries? Clones?

...

I'm hungry...

🌹🌹🌹

"Sorry I took so long."

My uncle came back with his colleague, their faces more tired than before.

"It's okay," I lied. I was so bored, I wanted to leave so bad.

"Let's go. We were just called to a crime scene. You with me?"

My stomach growled.

I smiled sheepishly. "Of course, but... can we get some dinner first?"

——————————————————————
A/N: Tis been a boring chapter...
Mood:

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹