28 - Affectionate

Stirring in my sleep, I slowly opened my eyes and adjusted my vision to the ceiling. Feeling somehow empty, I looked to my side, expecting to see Jimin laying beside me, but was met with disappointment.

He wasn't there.

I figured he had to leave early because he didn't want me having accidents again.

He should have at least informed me...

With a groan, I sat up on the bed before yawning and stretching my neck.

I paused when the door suddenly opened and in walked the angel in devil's form holding a tray in his hands.

"Oh! You're awake," he chuckled and came up to carefully place the tray on my lap. "I had to go down to the kitchen to make breakfast for you."

I gawked at him in awe.

For me?

I looked back at what he placed in front of me. There were waffles with whipped cream on top, heart shaped pancakes decorated with powdered sugar, strawberries and blueberries, and an omelette with fried bacons, with two glasses of milk and orange juice.

To say that I was impressed would be an understatement.

My heart was bursting inside my chest.

I was utterly and deeply moved by the man, I nearly shed a tear.

I couldn't say anything.

He sat beside me and pulled me by my nape to place a kiss on my temple. "Eat well and gain strength, Lyn. I don't want you to get sick and be frail."

How, oh how was I supposed to force myself to fall out of love with this man?

When, in fact, I was falling deeper and deeper every time he did something...

And that something could be as simple as him tying my shoelaces after kneeling in front of me.

"You said that we should put a distance between us... what is this you're doing?" I frowned at him, blurting out the words I didn't want to say.

His eyes gazed into mine. I expected him to get annoyed or tell me it was nothing, but he did the exact opposite.

With an endearing smile, he said, "I'm showing my love for you."

"Wha..."

He sliced the omelette and brought a piece of it up to my mouth, gesturing me to eat it. "Should I feed you?"

"What? But, I thought-"

"I want to show my love to you every chance I can get," he mused, his smile softening. "The time I spend with you is already so short... so I want to make the most of it."

I eyed the food he was holding against my mouth. Touched by his sincerity, I ate it and took the glass of milk to drink it.

His smile widened and he sliced a piece from the waffle.

After chomping it, I muttered, "I thought you actually left me when I woke up."

He sighed. "I can't leave you when you're so vulnerable and fragile like this. Just this time, I'll be with you until you feel better."

My heart fluttered and I could only nod. My cheeks were one more sweet word away from burning up.

He was going to continue feeding me but I quickly stopped his hand.

"I can eat it myself. It's okay, Jimin." I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He pursed his lips, feeling rejected, and placed the fork in my hand.