44 - Almost human

Human?

"Jimin?"

"Yes," my uncle mumbled, still shocked. "Not entirely human, but almost one... It's only a matter of time before he fully turns human... His heart is already beating, and his mind is full of emotions and feelings. His body is starting to become fleshy, he might start feeling pain soon. How can this be? What caused this?"

I looked over to Jimin.

"Perhaps... I did?"

My uncle looked at me incredulously. "That's impossible. It shouldn't be as simple as that."

"Then how would you explain this?"

He turned silent.

"Are there any other happenings like this?"

He shook his head. "Not a single one. This is a first, so I don't know what will happen... But, assessing his state, I would say that his reaper qualities are dying while human qualities are taking over... That means, he will be living as a... human like any other."

He will be living as a human?

"R-Really?" I couldn't help but feel giddy.

"Is that true," Jimin whispered, looking up at him expectantly. "That... I will become a human?"

"Yes, but we need to let all the authorities know about this and try to get them to agree to let you live," my uncle muttered softly. "I will... take care of that."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "How?"

I was afraid of what he was meaning behind those words. All these were too much to digest, I still couldn't believe that my uncle, my ever so gentle and compassionate uncle, was in fact, a soul reaper.

He looked at me with a soft smile. "You don't have to worry about that, dear."

Before I could say anything, he held my hand and suddenly teleported us all to a hospital. He gently put Jimin on the bed and looked at me while holding my shoulders.

"Lyn." His voice was firm but somehow shaky. "Stay here and watch over him. I'm going back to convince them to stop their plans for you and Jimin, and let you two live as normal humans somehow... I won't let them hurt you again..."

He whispered something but I couldn't hear it since he said it so quietly.

"What?"

"Just... don't come seeking me if I take too long, okay?"

He placed a kiss on my forehead while I was still processing his words.

"Stay safe."

"Mister," Jimin called for him. "There's one friend of mine who's being held there in the confinement because of me... Please help him... His name is Yoongi."

"Sure." He smiled at him and turned to take a long look at me.

I could only stare back at him with bewilderment crossing my face. However, through my daze, I caught a glimpse of the sadness he held in his eyes as he gazed at me.

With that, he disappeared and left us inside the hospital room.

"Wait, uncle!"

I tried to grab him but there was nothing but air.

What do you mean that you'll take too long?

"Lyn," Jimin groaned and I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts.

Kneeling down beside him, I took his hand in mine. "Jimin, hold on, okay? I'm calling the nurse right now."

I brought my other hand up to brush his hair, but froze when I finally observed it.

It wasn't silver... but pitch black. I never realized how his hair was turning darker through the years.

"I'm fine, but your uncle," he hissed. "The authorities aren't all heart and soul... Hearing what he did... I don't know what they would do to him."

I gulped. "We have to hope for the best, Jimin. Now wait here, I'll call the nurse."

After he nodded, I walked out of the room in a hurry.

Uncle...

...please be safe.

————————————————————
A/N: 😔

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹