14 - Full of him

"Alright, everyone! Open your books and go to page 113."

During the whole class, I couldn't even focus on what the teacher was saying. My mind was busy daydreaming about spending time with Jimin at school everyday and making up possible scenarios for when we arrive at my home today.

He wasn't even being subtle about being interested in me, but I couldn't let myself get involved with him romantically, considering what kind of beings we were, so I had to put my guard up around him. Even though I was interested in him as well...

I would be blatantly lying if I said that I didn't feel some type of way when it came to him. I had occasional crushes every now and then, but with Jimin, the feeling I got was more than just an infatuation. He was pulling me deeper and deeper into himself the more time we spent together, occupying my mind and making it his own home.

I just hoped that he wouldn't fill my heart up with himself and make it his home.

...Because that would be beyond my control and might just end up screwing my whole life up in the end.

I knew better than to get tangled up with soul reapers. They were the harbingers of death and weren't programmed to get involved with humans emotionally. He warned me that my life would be in danger, too, once I got too close to him, so why would I do that?

I just had to keep our relationship strictly professional.

It wasn't that hard.

🌹🌹🌹

Who are you kidding, Lyn... It's more than hard and you know it.

"So this is where I live with my friend, Rena," I exclaimed monotonously, motioning towards the two-story beige colored house. "But as you saw through the portal from your world, there isn't anything interesting in here so we might as well go somewhere else and find answers."

I pulled his arm to drag him away from my home since I didn't want him rummaging through my stuff or snooping around my room. I would feel way too exposed.

He didn't budge.

"There's nowhere else we could go to. Why don't you invite me inside, Lyn?" He glanced at me with a small smirk as if he could see right through me.

A long, exhausting sigh escaped my lips. The one that comes out whenever you want to run away from your responsibilities but can't.

"Only if you promise to behave."

Giggling softly, he gently shook his head. "I can't promise you that, sweetie."

"Behave in my house or so help me," I snapped before stomping up to my porch and opening the door, slamming it into the wall with much force in anger.

"Woah, chill, sweetheart. You wouldn't want to break that poor little door now, would you?"

I will break you if you don't stop acting so punchable.

"Ooh, kin-"

"I won't hesitate to cut you, Jimin. Don't try me!"

He hissed playfully while trailing behind me. "Oooh, I can't feel pain though, darling."

I stopped on my tracks, causing him to bump into my back, and whirled around to pull him down to my face by his tie. His eyes widened, surprised by my sudden change of attitude, and finally started taking me seriously.

"Don't sass me, Jimin," I whispered lowly, trying to put in as much hostility as I could.

Internally, I was a mess, my heart was doing flips from the close proximity of our faces, his eyes locked with mine and our noses almost grazing against each other.

The hostile air around us evolved into sexual tension as his eyes moved to my lips. He slowly but surely started leaning closer to me, his short breaths warming my face, and I quickly regretted my actions.

It would have been way easier for me if he didn't act so casual and flirty with me in the first place. He was giving me such a hard time so I just wanted to put him in his place...

But I just made a mistake and took our relationship to the next level.

"Aahhh," I screamed when I realized something, making him shut his eyes and cover his ears in shock.

"What the fuck, Lyn?"

"I forgot to say goodbye to Rena at school!" I couldn't believe myself. My mind was filled with this dumb reaper before me the whole day that I couldn't spare time for my best friend.

I was so disappointed in myself.

Ignoring Jimin's displeasures and groans, I quickly whipped out my phone and dialed Rena to ask how she was doing.

"Lyn?"

"Oh my gosh, Rena, I'm sorry I didn't come see you before leaving school, the thought just slipped my mind, I'm such a bad person, leaving you without s-"

"Lyn, Lyn. It's fine, why are you ranting," she chuckled. "I'll come home after a while, but can you cook for today, please? I don't think I can do it."

"Of course," I quickly yelled, hoping to lessen my guilt.

"Thanks, Lyn. Bye bye." She hung up and I sighed.

"Rena?"

I looked up to see Jimin's surprised face.

I raised an eyebrow. "I thought I told you. She's my friend and we live together for now...?"

He bit his lips before nodding. "Ah, right. She's the girl who was with you at the crossroads that day, isn't she?"

I hummed, nodding. "I'll introduce you two when she arrives. But first, we need to cook."

His eyes lit up.

"Cooking?"

"Y-Yeah?"

A wide grin appeared on his face, brightening his beaming expression, his frown already gone without a trace.

"Can I help? I actually really like cooking..."

A reaper? Likes cooking?

In this economy?

His hopeful expression was tugging at my benevolent nature and I readily agreed, wanting to know why he was so eager. Reapers didn't have to cook. They didn't need anything to fill up their stomachs with.

But he liked cooking...

"Sure." The corner of my lips curved upwards. "Follow me."

————————————————————
A/N: ଘ(੭ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ✩‧₊˚

What if I put in a very random plot twist? 👀

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹