23 - Reverse of fortune

"What are you wearing?!"

I stopped putting on my sneakers and looked up at Rena standing in front of me with her arms crossed before scanning my outfit.

"My favorite jeans and hoodie...?"

"Absolutely not," she said, grabbing my hand to lead me back to my wardrobe. "You're not going on a date looking like you just woke up. Even I wouldn't do such a thing."

"W-Wha- Why? There's nothing wrong with my outfit."

"Oh, Lyn. There must be an element of surprise," she exclaimed before opening the door, revealing my clothes. "You have to put in some effort into your appearance if you really do like him! Show him just how beautiful you are."

I fidgeted. "There's r-really no need to do t-"

"This!" She pulled out a short white dress with long sleeves and I quickly shook my head.

"We're having a lunch. What if someone he knows spills her drink all over me as a revenge for dating him?"

She turned to look at me with her brows furrowed. "What kind of a k-drama are you imagining..."

"Just no. I don't want to ruin that," I insisted.

She sighed before pulling out a sleeveless yellow mini dress and smiled brightly. "This! Why haven't you worn this already? This is perfect."

I eyed the dress for a moment and decided to wear it. She wouldn't take a no from me anyway.

"Yay! I'll do your makeup!"

I sighed. "There's really no need-"

"Oh, shut it."

🌹🌹🌹

After what felt like years of preparation, I finally left the house and practically ran to my destination.

We were meeting in a park that was not far from my home, so I decided to walk there.

The weather was just perfect.

The sun was shining brighter than ever, the sky had no signs of dark clouds, the cool breeze was caressing my face, gently blowing my curled hair as if I was shooting a commercial.

Even though Jimin and I were almost always together, the thought of seeing him dressed up like this was accelerating my heartbeat. I wondered how he would react.

Turning around a corner, I looked at the construction site next to me. There was a tall building being built, perhaps a skyscraper.

It reminded me of the time I visited Jimin's world.

Oh, how times changed...

Reminiscing, I smiled unknowingly. Who would have thought that we would end up like this...

My smile widened when I saw Jimin standing next to the small fountain in the park far away from me.

Containing my gasp, I marveled at his casual attire. Black ripped jeans was hugging his muscular legs snugly and his white shirt was covered with jeans jacket. He looked incredibly... hot.

Seeing him not in his usual suit or uniform, I had a hard time suppressing my excitement.

I saw other girls checking him out, but let's be real, who wouldn't?

His eyes locked with mine and he smiled from ear to ear, his face enlivening considerably. Waving at me, he started dragging his feet towards me slowly.

I giggled before waving back, still walking.

He suddenly stopped, his eyes widening as he looked up. With no thoughts, I followed his gaze.

My whole body froze, my eyes bulging out in shock when I saw metal bars rolling down from a crane above me.

Move!

I yelled at myself to move my legs and avoid those bars but it seemed as if they were stuck to the ground, like quicksand.

"LYN!"

As if snapping me out of my daze, Jimin's screams woke me up and I started hurrying towards him.

His face was twisted in fear as he sprinted towards me.

But it was too late...

The bars fell on me, the impact all too intense and strong, spreading excruciating pain all over.

I fell to the ground when they hit my head, knocking me out in seconds.

This wasn't supposed to happen...

We were spending the whole day together, laughing and indulging in each other...

But why can't we?

The last thing I heard was the muffled cries of Jimin calling my name before I became unconscious.

————————————————————
A/N:

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote to show your support 🌹