17 - Mistake

[Double update ┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴]

His eyes were filled with desire, a whole lot of longing and lust that I felt overwhelmed.

"Jimin," I whispered again.

I was afraid.

It felt right, but at the same time, it didn't.

It felt so so wrong.

He's not someone whom I could just hand over my heart easily, not someone who would love me just like how a normal human could. He wouldn't be with me forever. He wouldn't grow old with me, wouldn't experience life, living with me and doing things every couples do.

It hurt.

Jimin stopped and pulled himself away from me, his eyes reflecting pain as he gazed at me softly. At times like this, I was relieved that he could read my mind, but also distressed that he could easily get a glimpse of my dreadful thoughts.

His hands gently cupped my cheeks, his thumbs wiping my warm tears before he kissed them, trailing soft pecks along my cheeks and lingering on my eyes, caressing them with his lips.

"I'm sorry, Lyn," he whispered with his eyes closed, his forehead placed against mine. "I never intended any of this to happen. I never wanted to hurt you. I know how you feel about me and you should already know how I feel about you."

"But you're not a human," I sniffled. "How can this be? I never should have followed my curiosity and sought out after you. It was a mistake..."

Jimin flinched and moved away from me. Upon seeing his trembling lips and shaky eyes, I regretted saying something so cruel. I wasn't the only one suffering, not the only one terrified of loving someone I wasn't supposed to.

"Mistake, huh?" He chuckled, facing down. "I guess you're right. There was just an anomaly in the system, not everything is perfect. It was a mistake... Only a mistake..."

He was trying so hard to convince himself as much as I did.

"Jimin..." I tried reaching his face, but he stepped back, widening our distance.

Showing me a forced smile, he said, "I'm fine. Don't look at me like that, Lyn. I'll be fine... I'm a reaper, after all."

The bell suddenly rang, causing me to jolt in shock.

"I guess break time is over," he chuckled, trying to act normal.

He walked over to the music player that was playing a sad song and turned it off before coming back to me and grabbing my hand.

"Let's head back."

🌹🌹🌹

"Lyn?"

My mind was playing the stuff that happened in the practice room over and over again.

"Lyn."

I couldn't forget the expression he gave me when I called everything a mistake.

"Lyn!"

My heart was throbbing ever since. There wasn't anything else to blame except myself for the fact that we were caught up in this mess. If only I wasn't so stubborn on wanting to find him...

Why was I so enthralled by him in the first place?

"LYN!"

I snapped out of my thoughts when someone shook my shoulder harshly. I looked up at the girl.

"Rena?"

"Gosh, Lyn. Why are you so out of it? The class is over already and everyone else just went home," she huffed. "What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I stuttered and collected my belongings, hurriedly shoving them inside my bag.

Knock. Knock.

We both turned to look at the open door.

There was Jimin.

My heart dropped at the sight of him and I quickly looked away.

"What are you doing here, Jimin?" Rena walked up to him.

"I'm... I wanted to go somewhere with Lyn today. I hope you don't mind," he told her in a pleading manner.

"Oh," she whispered before looking back at me. A small knowing smile formed on her lips. "Of course. Just bring her back safely."

Jimin nodded as she walked past her.

Great... I'm left alone with him again...

He stepped up to me as I threw my bag over my shoulders. My legs started shaking when I felt his presence near me.

I stammered, "Where are we going?"

He took my hand in his and started walking.

"The river. It's my go-to place when I want peace and quiet... We both need it right now."

I was going there even if he wasn't coming to get me. He was right when he said I needed it. Maybe clearing our heads was the best course of action as of now.

I looked down at our hands.

It looked so normal... Just a girl and a boy, walking together, probably going on a date.

How I wished for something so normal...

————————————————————
A/N: So I just made an outline of this story and I just stressed myself, seeing how many chapters and events I will be writing 🙃

But they're crucial to the story so I guess I'll write... (I was hoping to end it soon but tf, nothing even happened yet)

I hope y'all know just how much shits about to go down 👀

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 🌹