20 - Accident

The bell rang after hours of tiring lessons and I heaved a sigh before collecting my belongings.

"Lyn?"

I looked up at Rena already finished packing her stuff.

"I'm visiting my grandparents today and spending the night there," she said, giving me a small smile. "Just wanted to refresh my mind and be spoiled by them."

"Of course," I exclaimed, gently hugging her. "Go and spend some time for healing. You need it."

She nodded and waved at me before heading out the door.

I guess today will be a lonely day.

I'll be spending the night alone in that big old house and Jimin didn't even come to see me today.

"Lyn?"

I looked at the door, expecting to see Rena, but was surprised when I saw Jimin instead.

"J-Jimin?"

With a soft sheepish smile, he strode towards me with his hands behind his back.

"Um... I was wondering if you and I could go somewhere today..." He scratched his nape, his eyes darting around the classroom.

Aww...

I bit back my grin. "Somewhere where exactly?"

He cleared his throat, loosening his tie. "A cat cafe I wanted to visit for a while. And by for a while, I mean decades."

"Sure," I giggled, wooed by his sudden adorable nervousness. "Let's go."

🌹🌹🌹

"Why are we taking the bus? Is it that far?"

The bus stop was pretty crowded, I had the sudden urge to just go home and wrap myself in my blanket, having the siesta of my lifetime. I hated crowded places.

"Unfortunately, yes. If you could teleport like me, we wouldn't be taking the bus, though."

"Wow," I exclaimed sarcastically. "Are you flexing on me right now?"

Our bus arrived and we both got on it, standing around the front area. It wasn't that full, but not quite empty, either.

"And what if I am? What about it," he chuckled, teasing me as he leaned down to my eye level.

I huffed, annoyed. "Why is there even a cat cafe?"

"It's a thing. Just like Hawaiian pizza," he giggled while poking my cheek. "Made for those who would really appreciate it."

I nodded. "Just like mint chocolate."

He gawked at me, horrified by what I said. "Oh my lord... You like mint chocolate?"

Looking at him with wide eyes, I retaliated, "You like Hawaiian pizza! Why are you judging me?"

I huffed, feeling offended. "Mint chocolate is one of the best flavors of ice cream, okay?"

He giggled before pulling my face towards himself to place a kiss on my cheek.

My face burned up. I couldn't process what just happened. His sudden move was so sudden, I was frozen still for a moment. The trace of his lips lingered on my skin even though it happened so fast.

"W-Wha..."

His face stayed there, a few inches away from mine, his soft gaze holding me dearly, making my stomach do back flips.