21 - Bipolar

[Double update bc why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯]

Opening my heavy lids, I adjusted my vision to the hospital ceiling above before blinking repeatedly.

Breathing slowly, I looked around the empty room and then my body. All the cuts and wounds were bandaged beneath the hospital gown.

I was suddenly reminded by the accident.

With a sigh followed by a grunt, I sat up on the bed, still light headed. My limbs felt heavy when I lifted my hand to rub my forehead.

The door opened and the nurse walked in with a notepad.

"You're awake? How do you feel?"

I cleared my throat before muttering, "A little hazy, but okay. How long have I been out?"

She nodded while checking the monitor. "Three hours. Your cut wounds were not that deep, but your body was bruised quite badly. You can get discharged tomorrow, though. Is there anyone we can contact? Your boyfriend didn't know your guardians' phone numbers."

"Boyfriend? Jimin?"

She nodded. "He went to the toilet, but it's been hours already, I'm starting to become worried for him," she whispered.

I cocked an eyebrow. He doesn't have to defecate or anything...

"I see... You don't have to worry about him. He's fine." I forced a smile, fluttering my eyelashes.

"And your guardians?"

"Um... You don't have to call them. They're currently abroad anyway and won't be coming back until next month. I'll pay for the hospital bills."

"Oh, but you don't have to," she chimed. "Your boyfriend already did."

My eyebrows jumped.

He did?

"O-Oh, I see."

She left the room after nodding, and I laid back down, feeling tired.

"Lyn!"

I squeaked, jolting up when Jimin appeared right next to me out of thin air and kneeled down to grab my hand.

"What the actual- Jimin! Don't do that! You almost gave me a heart attack," I yelled at him, shoving his hand away.

He blinked. "I'm sorry... I just..."

"Gosh," I huffed out, rubbing my chest to calm down my beating heart. "There's this thing called a door. Why would you teleport here from the toilet anyway? It's only a few meters far from here."

"I went to ferry some souls as quick as I could," he said in a low voice. "It took longer than I expected."

My stomach dropped.

What if he went to get those people's souls...?

His eyes met mine when he lifted his face up. I gasped when I realized he did.

"Nobody s-survived?" My voice was trembling.

He pursed his lips and looked away from me.

No...

"I'm sorry, Lyn. I couldn't do anything..."

"No... You could have done something. You could have called an ambulance. You could have prevented the accident. You could have at least told me... You have that power, don't you?"