11 - Date

"I'm still salty about you denying the fact that you were a reaper before."

Jimin stopped licking his ice cream and burst out laughing, or rather, giggling beside me.

"I'm sorry about that. But what did you expect? I wouldn't just give out my identity to everyone I meet."

I huffed. "But I'm still salty."

He shook his head with a wide grin before bringing his ice cream up to bite it.

The silence was comforting. The two of us were just strolling side by side while eating ice creams. The sky was already painted a darker shade of blue, making our surroundings look calming. But also a bit chilly.

I sighed.

I should have went home and brought my jacket with me before going to the river...

I jerked when something was placed on my shoulders, wrapping my cold body. I looked down to see a black jacket placed over my white shirt.

Right, he reads minds...

I let out a breathy chuckle before turning to look at Jimin in his white shirt who was facing forward.

"Thank you."

He gave me a warm smile. "It's fine."

"Aren't you going to get cold?"

He shook his head. "I'm not a human. I don't feel hot or cold or pain or anything of the sort, so don't worry."

"Oh..." That's kind of sad...

"How so?" He suddenly asked.

I jumped, a little surprised. "I-It's just sad that you don't feel anything humans do... Do you at least feel love?"

He stared at me for a while before smiling. "No, I don't. Love would make us weak and hinder our job, the sole purpose of our existence greatly. It's nothing but a nuisance to us."

"But you all were once humans, right?" I pursed my lips. "It feels sad... You have to see people dying and watch them cry or grieve all the time."

He chuckled before biting his ice cream again. "You don't have to feel bad for us, Lyn. Just focus on living your own life as happily as you can."

I sighed before licking my ice cream. "How long has it been since you talked to a living human like me?"

"I talk to people when I'm here all the time, but for work purposes only and I act like a human... But as a reaper, you're the only human I have ever talked to ever since I became a soul reaper."

I see...

I couldn't help but feel special.

"Then do you have any fellow reapers you talk to?"

He hummed. "I do, actually. I have a friend named Yoongi."

"Oh," I exclaimed, recalling the time I was at a diner's place. "Is he the one with dark hair and pale skin, and a bit short, around the same height as you, but taller?"

He choked while biting the ice cream waffle before turning his head to glare at me. "Hey! You really think I'm short?!"

I bit back my laugh, pursing my lips. "Maybe...?"

"Gosh," he puffed out, pouting.

Not really tho... I just wanted to tease you.

"Then say that I'm tall," he whined.