Chapter 6 - Project Pegasus

I only own the character I going to write. Rest belongs to the right full owners.

 Rest belongs to the right full owners

Space.

"and there came a day, a day unlike any other, when earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against common threat. On that day Avengers were born to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand! Through the years, their glory hae never been denied! Heed the call, then, for now, the Avengers Assemble! "

Kneeling behind a throne, a dark armored figure, the Other, bowed," The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world. A human world. They wield its power... But our allies know its workings as they never will. They are ready to lead. And our force, our Chitauri, will follow"

Loki stood there as the Other turned to face him. Loki was given the Chitauri scepter. A long golden handle, fitted with a blue gem encircled with silver blades.

"The world will be theirs. The universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?"

S.H.I.E.L.D PROJECT P.E.G.A.S.U.S FACILITY

Out in the New Mexico desert, a remote research facility is in a state of panic. Its an evacuation. A swooping helicopter flies in. Soldiers on foot juno onto Humvees, accelerating out of there.

Standing a few yards from landing pad, a fed in a suit with sunglasses l, peered at the helicopter as it landed. Agent Phil Coulsdon. Walking out of the helicopter was the Agent Maria Hill. Following her, Director Nick Fury climbed out.

Hill and Fury approached Agent Coulson.

"How bad is it" Fury asked.

"That's the problem, sir. We don't know" Coulson answered.

Agent Coulson lead Hill and Fury through the radiation section of the facility. Hundreds of technicians and other staff ran around, taking only the essentials.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago"

"NASA didn't authorize Selvig to test phase" Fury stated.

"He wasn't testing it, he wadnt even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Phil stated.

"What energy levels now?"

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered the evac" Phil said.

"How long to get everyone out?" Fury asked.