Chapter 13 - The Aether

only own the character I going to write. Rest belongs to the right full owners

Thor approached Heimdal as he looked out from the Bifrost. They were celebrating their victory on Vanaheim.

"You're late" Heimdal stated when Thor entered.

"Merriment can sometimes be a heavier burden than battle"

"Then you're doing one of them incorrectly"

Thor chuckled "Perhaps, how fare the stars?"

"Still shining. From here I can see Nine Realms and ten trillion souls" Heimdall shifted his sword before looking to Thor "You recall what I told you of the convergence?"

"Yes, the alignment of the worlds. It approaches, doesn't it?"

"The universe hasn't seen this marvel since before my watch began" Heimdall stated. "Few can sense, even fewer can see it. Though it can be dangerous, it is truly beautiful"

"I see nothing"

"Or perhaps that is not the beauty you seek"

"How is he?" Thor asked

"She's is quite clever, your mortal. She doesn't know it yet, but she studies the convergence as well. Even-" " Heimdal stopped, looking out at the stars

" What? "

" I can't see her"

It was as though Jane was drowning in nothing. All that was surrounding her was red, a deep, blood, red. Her eyes were closed, but she felt the Aether moving in and out of her body.

"This is not our Obscurus" it hissed, she could hear it in her mind. It was like hundreds of voices overlapping each other. The same power, the same overfall mind, but different thoughts, just like other living beings.

"No, but she know of her. We shall stay"

Jane opened her eyes. She groaned as she sat up. She was in a different building than the one she had entered the portal from. It was now light out.

Jane left the building, walking down to the main level. Darcy was speaking to a police officer.

"Darcy !" She called

"Jane? Thank god" Darcy ran to her friend. It suddenly began to rain, thunder rumbling above.

"What the hell are you doing? You called the police?" Jane asked angrily "They'll call the feds, and S.H.I.E.L.D will Area fifty-one this?! We had access to a controlled gravitational anomaly. Our only competition was ten years old!"

"Jane you were gone for five hours"

Jane's brows furrowed in confusion "What?"

Jane and Darcy finally took notice of the fact that they were completely dry in the sudden pouring rain. Looking around them they saw a clear circle. Jane looked to the side, grinning when she saw Thor and his sister, Y/N.

"See Thor, She is completely fine" Y/N said to Thor, who had dragged his sister along in worry that there was something larger going on once again.