𝕥 𝕖 𝕟

*y/n*

"Nobody move," I whispered. The giant bull dog started running towards us as we started to run away from it.

"Where do we go?" Jack screamed. I looked around to find a place to hide.

"Run behind the garage." I screamed. We all ran behind the garage hoping the dog wouldn't have seen us. We started panting heavily.

"What now?" Jack asked.

"We could follow the dog and hope it doesn't realize it."

"That could work." I said. "I'll check and see if he's not paying attention." I peaked around the corner and the dog was nowhere to be found.

"Let's go. There are muddy paw prints we can follow." Jack said looking down the a footprints.

We started to follow the paw prints until they stopped at the door to the house.

"Welp, I ran out of ideas. Guys?" Jack said looking around.

"We have to get the phone back before Gavin calls it." Noah said. "We have to get it."

I took a deep breath and stepped into the house. It smelled disgusting and their was dog hair everywhere. Whoever lived here must not of taken good care of it.

"Does anyone see paw prints?" I asked still looking around.

"I think I found something." Noah called out. The lights started to flicker until they eventually gave out. Then, Jack screamed like a little girl.

"SOMEONE HOLD MY FRICKING HAND!!! THIS IS SO MUCH WORSE THAN PENNYWISE!" He screamed reaching for my hand.

"Shut up you big baby." I laughed. "The lights just went out, you'll be fine."

He took a big breath. "Yeah. I was obviously just acting." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Acting, of course." I said laughing at him once again.

"Guys. I found the phone." Noah shouted from the other side of the room.

"Delete the text and we'll get out of here." Jack yelled walking towards the door.

"Uhhh, guys?" I said now face to face with the giant dog who chased us behind the garage.

"Run!" Jack screamed.

We bolted out the door and over the fence as fast as we could.

'That was close." I said trying to catch my breath.

"Uhh, guys." Noah said. We looked up and saw Gavin standing right in front of us.

"Oh. Hey Mr. Grazer!" I said followed by a nervous laugh.

"Have fun playing with the neighbors dog?" Gavin asked as the dog from the other side of the fence started barking once again.

"Oh yes." I said rolling my eyes.

"Oh, Gavin. I must've grabbed your phone by accident." Noah said handing Gavin is phone.

"Is there a reason why its wet or why it has teeth marks on it?" Gavin asked skeptically.

"Uhh, nope." He said shaking his head.

"Okay then." He said standing there in silence. We all looked at each other worried he'd figured out what we'd done. He broke the silence by laughing hysterically.

"You guys are some pretty great kids. Dinner's in 10 minutes." He said walking into the house.

We all sighed in relief and started laughing. "Welp, now we wait for mom to read the text." I said smiling.

"This could blow up in out faces, couldn't it?" Jack asked turning to me.

"Yeah. Let's just hope it doesn't." I said smiling at him.