Chapter 12: parting ways.

Elijah's Pov:

I looked at Jake in surprise as he smiled slightly and gave a little wave "surprise- heh-" 

"What are you doing here?!" May squeaked and he shrugged "I just wanted to see my friends..."

"Why didn't you tell us you where coming?" I asked and he huffed, crossing his arms. "It was supposed to be a surprise."

"Well, you sure as hell surprised us.." I muttered under my breath and wiped my face as I stood.

"Heck yeah he did..." she nodded in agreement and took my hand, squeezing it reassuringly.

Isaiah's Pov: 

'I need to get out of here-' 

I thought as Charlie walked in "here you go Isaiah.." he handed me my daily pills and I took them, too pissed at Charlie to say anything.

Xan looked up as I spoke "why'd you leave me there. You LEFT ME! I THOUGHT YOU CARED!" 

I saw Charlie's face light up with hurt and he frowned "Isaiah you tried to hurt another patient. I had no choice..." 

"You did have a choice! And you decided to throw me away, just like everyone else." I snarled and his gaze hardened. 

"Well, maybe next time you'll realize that I'm trying to help you." He turned on his heel sharply and walked off without another word.

I stared at the door in horror as it closed with a snap and I saw Xan out of the corner of my eye watching me with concern.

"Isaiah, It's oka-" he was cut off as I cried out. 

"W-wait! Charlie!" I cried "I-I'm sorr-" But I wasn't able to finish my sentence as the pills took over and I felt myself crumple to the ground.

But, before it could hit the floor I felt someone's arms wrap around my waist and pick me up, gently cradling me to their chest.

Xan.