jace herondale : friends with benefits

"I should probably go." Jace said, slipping his shirt back over his head. His eyes moved to the bed, where (Y/N) was still sprawled out naked under her semi-see through sheets.

(Y/N) hummed, "We both should, before Izzy decides she's going to make dinner." She joked, throwing the sheets off of her and standing.

Jace let his eyes wander over her back, scars and old runes littered her back. He clenched in hand to keep out and running his fingers across them. He could place most of them, some from when they were sparing and he would nick her on accident, some from fighting Demons and some just from her own stupidity.

He held the door for her, letting (Y/N) slide out of her room before him. They made their way down the hall side by side, bumping shoulders and laughing. (Y/N) thought it was great that they hadn't let the new development in their relationship effect their friendship. She had come to him one night, after breaking up with her Werewolf boyfriend, needing someone to comfort her. One thing had led to another and now they were trapped in an endless cycle as friends with benefits.

Jace and (Y/N) rolled into the kitchen, finding it empty they both let out a sigh of relief. Jace went to the fridge, opening it up to find that it was practically empty.

Alec strolled into the kitchen, his eyes landing on (Y/N) who was sitting on the counter, with an apple on her hand. "There you guys are." He said, drawing both their attention to him, "Isabelle's been looking for you both forever." Alec said.

(Y/N) chewed her bite of the apple, "For what?" She asked, using one hand to cover her mouth.

Alec rolled his eyes, "She wants to go to Pandemonium tonight but insists that you two go so I don't leave her alone when I go off with Magnus." He explained.

It was a fair request, or so (Y/N) thought. As much as she loved both Alec and Magnus she hated the idea of being their third wheel.

"Sounds like a good time to me." (Y/N) said, hoping off the counter and tossing her half eaten apple into the garbage. "Jace and I will change and meet you and Iz our front in say, twenty minutes?" She said, glancing over at Jace who nodded in agreement with her.

***

(Y/N) downed another shot, her head tossed back and liquor pouring down her throat. She and Izzy's shot glasses both hit the bar counter at the same time, but the sound couldn't be heard over the sound of the music.

"So you and Jace?" Izzy asked, making (Y/N) choke on air. She was so sure that she and Jace has been careful, how had Izzy noticed.

"Excuse you?" (Y/N) asked, looking over at her best friend.

Isabelle was smirking, the lights of the club reflecting against her shiny black hair. She was beautiful, more than the average Shadowhunter. And she knew it too, the way she dressed and the way she walked showed it all, Izzy knew she was hot stuff.

Izzy shrugged, "It's not a big deal, I saw him go into your room earlier today and you locked the door." She said, smirking as her eyes washed over the crowd of people.

(Y/N) blinked, shocked that Izzy had seen them. "It's just sex." She said, taking another shot. (Y/N) wasn't sure if she was trying to convince Isabelle or herself, truth was she was starting to develop feelings for him.