kit herondale : i had a dream about you last night

She tried to shake it off, tried to wipe her mind clean as she went down stairs. Imagines from her dream still flashed in her mind, making her stomach twist and turn. It's just a dream, (Y/N) reminded herself.

When she entered the kitchen she was greeted by many people. The kitchen was alive with voices. Tavvy sitting on the counter watching Julian make pancakes and cheering each time he caught one. Emma drinking hot chocolate in the corner with Cristina who drank coffee. Mark with Helen and Aline on the other side of the kitchen all catching up for lost time. Dry sitting next to Jaime who had his arm dropped over the back of her chair. Ty, Livvy and Kit all huddled around, what seemed to be, the book of the week Ty was reading. (Y/N) realized she was a little late to breakfast but greeted everyone as a whole before taking her spot at the table next to Kit.

She kept her head bowed, to keep from looking up at the blonde haired Herondale. "Morning (Y/N)." Kit said, his head ducking to meet her averted gaze.

It was Kit she had dreamed about last night. They had been together, not just physically but emotionally as well. (Y/N) dreamed of she and Kit laying on the beach together. She had been laying between his legs as his fingers ran through her hair, even now she swore she could still feel his fingers running across her skin.

(Y/N) didn't give him a verbal response, instead she gave him a half close-lipped smile before turning back to her plate. She couldn't look at him, not without reminding herself of the dream she just awoken from.

Kit narrowed his eyes at her, and made a mental note to ask her what was wrong after breakfast.

The rest of the meal was usual, the whole family laughing as they chewed down on Julian's signature pancakes. There was many conversations happening in the small kitchen, but that was normal, each person trying be louder than the one next to them.

Kit followed Livvy and Ty out of the kitchen when the three were done eating, but quickly told them that he would catch up later and that he had something he needed to do. The twins shared a look before nodding and walking away. That left Kit leaning against the wall opposite the kitchen door, hands jammed into his pockets and head flat against the wall.

(Y/N) has stayed in the kitchen, helping Julian compile plates next to the sink as Cristina cleaned the rest of the kitchen with Emma. Julian thanked her as he ran the hot water to wash everyone's dishes, and told her that she could go.

She was shocked to see Kit leaning against the wall as she exited the kitchen. Out of shock she brought a hand to her chest and gasped softly.

He smirked and pushed himself off the wall, "Scare you?" Kit asked, sarcasm dripping from each word.

(Y/N) scuffed, "Well when you hover like you do, you're bound to startle someone." She told him with a small chuckle.

Silence feel between them as both of their laughter died out.

Kits eyes bored into the top of her head, as (Y/N) looked down at the ground. "Can I ask you something?" He said suddenly, catching her attention so much that her head snapped so that her eyes met his.

(Y/N) smirked, "You just did." She joked, earning her a soft eye roll from the blonde.

"I'm serious." Kit replied, his lips were still pulled up into a smile. (Y/N) didn't give him a verbal response, feeling her stomach turn as he spoke, but instead nodded. "What's up with you?" He muttered softly, pushing himself off the wall towards her.

She knit her eyebrows together, "What, nothing, I'm fine." (Y/N) replied. She hadn't thought she was acting odd, she thought that she was acting normal - or at least she had been trying to.