simon lewis : pizza

Simon sat on his bed, above the covers and had his feet crossed at the ankles, as his eyes ran over the comic he was currently reading. He was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, but wore no shoes on his feet. Simon finished the page he was on, but before continuing his eyes flickered next him.

Beside him was (Y/N), his girlfriend, who laid on her chest facing him with her feet kicked in the air. Her elbows rested on the fabric of his comforter as she gazed at her phone in her hand, carelessly scrolling much to fast for her brain to process the information. She wore one of his navy blue shirts - A Star Wars tee - and a pair of black leggings. Her hair was tied up in a bun and like Simon she wore no shoes.

It was a relaxing day in the Institute, no missions, no studying, training over by noon and neither Simon or (Y/N) was scheduled for Patrol that night. As much as (Y/N) craved free time in her busy life, she felt herself becoming stir crazy laying in Simons bed. It wasn't that she hated being with him, most days she would kill just to lay with him, it was that being so used to constantly running made it hard to slow down.

(Y/N) let out a throaty groan, throwing her head back and rolling onto her back.

Simon raised an eyebrow, glancing down at her, "Problem?" He asked sweetly, one side of his mouth rugged into a smirk.

(Y/N) looked up at him with a dangerous look, the same look he got if he tried to take her food, which he of course knew was joking. She only nodded at him gravely before pressing her forehead into his upper arm.

He chuckled, so much that his laugh shook the bed and her head. Simon closed  the comic and set it bedside him, his arm closest to her then snaking around so he could rub soft circles across her exposed skin.

"What's wrong?" Simon asked, his voice low as he placed one kiss on her temple.

He thought she looked more Angelic than ever when she laid in his arms - her eye shut, hair every which way and her face pressed against him. Simon loved the feeling of her skin on his, the way she moved herself closer to him even if they were already pressed together.

She looked up at him with child-like eyes, "I'm bored." She mumbled, lips barley opening as she spoke.

He smiled, "You're bored? The first time in months - years probably - that we've had off and you're telling me you're bored?" Simon clarified, a smile wide across his lips.

She nodded sheepishly, feeling slightly guilty for interrupting his reading.

Simon sighed, already swinging one leg off of the bed, "What do you want to do -" (Y/N) opened her mouth, "And do not say sparing." (Y/N) closed her mouth, before furrowing her brow in confusion. Simon now stood at the side of the bed, slipping the essentials into his pockets - phone, wallet, keys - and grabbing a jacket he kept on his bed post.

(Y/N) sat up, making a concentrated face. She looked as if she was pandering over options, after a few moments her face lit with excitement, "Food!" (Y/N) exclaimed, jumping from the bed and searching for her jean jacket and shoes.

Simon smiled, knowing that was what she would want to do. He grabbed a pair of slip on shoes, and pulled them on before he stumbled out of his room after her.

"(Y/N)!" Simon called, catching his girlfriends attention from down the hall. She turned around just as he met her, his hand latching around her wrist and pulling her too him. (Y/N) backed into the wall, feeling her knees weak as Simon gazed down at her. His hand lingered on hers as the stood in the hall, chests pressed together and smiles on their faces. "We're going to have to sneak out." Simon told her. His eyes were no longer looking to hers, instead they were focused on her grinning lips. All he could think about was attaching his lips to hers, sometimes Simons found it hard not to be kissing her all the time.

He was right, (Y/N) knew that. If they went strolling to the front door they would surely be stopped, interrogated, and joined by one person - Jace, Alec, Izzy or Clary - or more.

She sighed, "So we'll sneak out." (Y/N) suggested with a shrug, "Don't pass the doors to the training room-"

"Because of Jace."

"Don't pass the kitchen."

"Because of Izzy." They both laughed. Simon pointed at her, "Or Clary's room-"

"And Alec's office." (Y/N) finished, holding out her fingers out to count their friends. "So we'll go down the back staircase that runs to the North, that avoids everything except the kitchen. But chances are Iz will be too wrapped up in whatever she's making -" They both shivered in fear "- to even noice us." Simon nodded in agreement, figuring that since (Y/N) had practically grown up in the New York Institute that it would be best if she planned their escape route.

She had been right, taking one of the back staircases had avoided most of the danger zones - Clary's room, the training room and Alec's office. Now they were making their way towards the kitchen, the swinging door stilled and shut but if (Y/N) listened closely she could hear Izzy hustling around.

(Y/N) and Simon still held hands as they passed the kitchen, hearing Izzy swear as smoke poured out from under the door. (Y/N) had to stiffen a laugh, clasping her free hand over her mouth, as they passed the door. Poor Izzy, still trying to learn how to cook.

They raced down the steps of the Institute, laughing in freedom down the street. The pizza shop they both loved was only a few blocks away, a Shadowhunter and Downworlder friendly shop that was run by a couple of Wolves from Luke's pack.

The pizzeria walls were covered in news print wallpaper, pictures and clips of all of New York's best attraction in black and white on the walls. It was really one large room with one counter to order at, black booths lined the walls and matching four seat tables in rows filled the remaining space of the room.

Simon sat across from (Y/N) in a booth, their feet dancing together under the table as they waited for their food. He watched as she bounced up and down on the seat, anxiously waiting for their pizza.

In her opinion New York pizza was the best. It was better than the pizza she had her travel year, better than the pizza in Los Angeles when she visited the Blackthorns and certainly better than any Shadowhunter attempted pizza in Idris.

As much as Simon loved his friends - Alec, Izzy, Jace, Magnus and Clary - it was nice to spend some time with (Y/N) alone. Usually if they wanted to do anything they were joined by one, two of all of them. It was also hard to find time to do anything in the life they lived, between all the training and studying and patrolling they did. Simon loved being able to spend time with (Y/N).

(Y/N) could feel Simons eyes on her, but her eyes were fixed on the entrance to the kitchen as she waited for their food. But after a few minutes Simons gaze on her felt suspicious, as if he was itching to tell her something.

"Simon?" (Y/N) asked lightly, her head turning to face her. He continued to smile at her, "What's up?" She asked, hoping she wouldn't have to pry to get an answer from him.

He raised his eyebrows at her in confusion, "What?" Simon laughed lightly, his fingers dancing across the back of her hand.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, "You've been staring at me since we sat down but you haven't said a word." Simons face flushed for a moment, but he did not look away from her, as she exposed him.

"Can't I stare at you, admire your beauty?" He complimented her with a smile.

(Y/N) clasped his hand in hers, "That's very sweet." Her voice trailed off, as if she had finished speaking. But Simon knew better than that, whenever her voice did that he knew another sentence was coming, "But spit it out." (Y/N) demanded, in a joking tone, and tilted her head.

Simons eyes stared into hers again, "I was just thinking about how glad I am that we came alone." His voice was breathless as he took in the sight of her, her dressed in his t-shirt. How could such a simple outfit drive him so insane?

(Y/N) leaned forward, as if she was telling Simon a secret. He followed her actions, letting go of her hand so he could clasp them together in front of him. "I am too." She whispered, her voice barely audible. Her lips brushed his quickly before she leaned back as her eye caught sight of pizza coming their way.

~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1554