alec lightwood : in the morning part 1

(Y/N) downed another shot, feeling the liquor burn the back of her throat on the way down. After swallowing that shot she reached for the other one, using it as a remedy for her heart break.

This had become her weekly routine, she would come to Pandemonium and drink herself into oblivion. It seemed to be the only thing that got her through the week now, for the last month or so. She would make it back to the Institute just before three am to get a couple hours of sleep before jumping into a new day.

But the hardest part was waking up in the morning remembering what you were trying to forget last night.

Magnus Bane, the owner of Pandemonium and a friend of the New York Institute, watched her from the corner of his club. This was the fifth or sixth time that he had seen (Y/N) in his club. He was starting to grow concerned for her, wondering what could be driving her drink as much as she was.

It was Alec, that was what was driving her to Pandemonium each week. They had broke up just over a month ago, over some silly fight that she couldn't even remember. Now she was heart broken and the only remedy that seemed to be working was shots.

(Y/N) downed another drink, this time losing count of the number of shots she had taken. So instead of stopping like she knew she should (Y/N) started back over, dropping her drink count back to zero and throwing her hand up to order another round of shots for herself.

Magnus sighed, setting his drink down on his table as he watched (Y/N) place her head on the counter top. He crossed the room and stood behind her, waving the bar tender off from making another round of drinks as he slipped his phone from his pocket.

Alec was in his office, head in his hand as he looked over the one piece of paper that made up the large stack to his side. It was late and all he wanted was too go to bed, but not with his much work. Alec found himself working more now a days, having more time on his hands and needing that work to keep his mind off of (Y/N).

He sighed as his phone rang next to him, looking down at it to see that Magnus Bane, the High Warlock of Brooklyn, was calling him. Alec's brows drew together before he answered. "Magnus?" He asked, hearing the music from a club, probably Pandemonium, pour through the speaking.

"Alexander!" Yelled a familiar voice, it was Magnus but he seems rather relieved. "It seems one of yours has ended up at my club, and had become - how do I say - incapacitated." Magnus yelled just loud enough for Alec to understand him.

Alec didn't know who it could be, Jace was in his room with Clary and Isabelle was with Simon in his room, there was no one-

His skin ran cold and Alec became breathless. He quickly told Magnus he would be there soon, nearly tripling our of his chair, before hanging up. Alec snagged a leather jacket off his chair before running out of his office and towards the front doors.

It had been a few days since he had spoken to (Y/N). They had gone from spending almost every moment together to avoiding each other at all costs. Truth he told he hadn't been aware that she had even left, as far as Alec had been aware (Y/N) was still in her room.

He raced to Pandemonium, dodging past people who couldn't see him. Alec pushed and shoved, only feeling relieved when he burst into the doors of the club. He quickly searched for Magnus, his heart beat just as loud as the vase of the music.

"Alexander." Said a voice as a hand lowered on his shoulder.

Alec spun quickly, to see Magnus standing before him. When Alec looked all around the Warlock he didn't see (Y/N), and once again panic rose in his chest.

"She's in my back room, thank you for coming." Magnus yelled, raising his head to meet Alec's ear.

Alec nodded, following Magnus as he walked off. He let out a shaky breath as they entered the back room, which was guarded by three large men that Alec identified as Frey. Once they were in the room he saw (Y/N), passed out on the couch, and sighed.

"I've seen her here every weekend for about a month." Magnus told him.

Alec's chest tightened, feeling responsible for her actions even more. She had only stared coming after their break up, how could he not feel guilty?

With a shaky hand Alec pulled at his hair, "Thank you for calling Magnus." He thanked the Warlock with a hand on his shoulder, squeezing slightly before crossing the room and lifting (Y/N) into his arms. This hadn't been the first time Alec had carried her like so, if they were watching movies and she passed out he would carry her to one of their rooms or if she got hurt during a mission and was unable to walk, but now it was his fault.

On the walk home Alec was carful not to bump into anyone or to drop (Y/N). He kept a tight grip on her shoulder and on her knees, pulling her to his chest. Every few seconds he would look down at her, watch her face, and wonder what she was dreaming about.

He hated that they had broken up. Every day since Alec had thought of nothing more than to run to her and fix things, but he hadn't done that. Both of their pride had gotten in the way, making it too hard to apologize. They had both said things they didn't mean but nether one wanted to be the one to apologize. Now it didn't matter to Alec who was right and who was wrong, he just wanted her back. But she didn't want him.

Alec kicked open his door with a soft grunt, hoping he didn't break the door or wake anyone else, and nudged if shut with his foot. He then crossed the room swiftly to his bed, feeling his fingers starting to slip. Alec set her into the bed softly, trying to not wake her, before he pulled back her covered sand draped them over her.

He sighed, grabbing a glass from his nightstand before rushing to fill it in the bathroom. That would be the first thing she reached for in the morning, needing water to quench her thirst. Alec then grabbed a pair of his sweats and a t-shirt for her from his dresser drawer, knowing she would want to immediately change when she woke.

Alec then glanced over at the couch, feeling slight awkward for taking her to his room but her door had been locked and he didn't want to intrude. He ran his hands over his face in exhaustion, then snagged a blanket off the end of his bed and a pillow from the top before making his way to the couch.

Alec laid on his couch, the blanket barely covering his body, and sighed. He glanced at (Y/N) one last time before letting his head flop against the pillow, and passing out instantly.

~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1217

Part 2?