kieren hunter : monster

Kieren entered (Y/N)'s room carefully, practically tip-toeing into the room behind her.

The first thing Kieren noticed was her bed and the canopy that engulfed it, the sheets being black silk as well as the canopy that hung from the ceiling and draped down. The frame of the bed was a matte black color, which offset the silk well. At the foot of the bed was a cherry wood chest, that he was sure held either gear, weapons or both. Next to the bed on one side was a large dresser that sat next to a a door, probably a closet of sorts. On the other side of the bed was another door that was slightly ajar, white bathroom tiles shinning through.

"You're welcome to sit - the bed, the couch - your pick." (Y/N) said casually, turning around to speak to Kieren.

He nodded and made his way towards the living room portion of the her room, since that seemed safer than sitting on her bed.

The living room there was large couch faced the even larger flat screen sitting on a mid-level stand. In front of the couch sat a coffee table - the same matte black as the bed post - with various books and remotes. Behind the TV was windows, two on either side that overlooked Los Angles. Behind the couch was a sparing dummy, pressed against the wall that was lined with many pictures of her and multiple people - Julian, Emma, Cristina, Ty, Livvy, Mark - along with people from New York - Jace, Clary, Alec, Isabelle, Magnus, Simon - and some people that Kieren didn't recognize.

(Y/N) had her back to Kieren as she pulled out a new shirt for her to wear, having spilled something on her shirt. She smiled at him as he lightly sat down on her couch, running his hands over it before looking up.

The last wall to his right was a painting, one that he would have guessed that hJulian had done. It was a painting of the New York City skyline, where Kieran had learned that (Y/N) had grown up. The painting was breathtaking, and Kieren couldn't place it but he was sure that the sky above the building looked familiar, mixtures of blue and yelled swirls.

"Your room is lovely." Kieren said, eyes still fixed on the painting on her walls. "I suppose that Julian painted the mural." He pointed out, letting his eyes wonder over the painting again and again.

(Y/N) smiled, thinking how much effort Julian had put into it, staying up countless nights - sketching it, tracing, painting and finishing it - to paint. Julian was by far her best friend, the person she went to when all else failed.

"You would be correct." (Y/N) said, donning another shirt before crossing the room to sit next to Kieren.

She then realized that she had been spending a lot of time with him since he had come to LA. Maybe it was because she was the furthest person away from Mark or because she had welcomed him so much when he had first come to Los Angles. Either way she was glad she had befriended him, Kieren was one of the kindest people she had ever met.

(Y/N) also had to admit to herself that she liked him, or at the very least was intrigued by him. At the very least she wanted to get to know him better, at the most she wanted to sink her hands into his hair and watch it change colors under her fingers.

He noticed, it was the middle of the day and her lights were on. Now that he thought of it he had never been in (Y/N)'s room while the lights were off. Even in the middle of the night, when they entered the lights were on.

"May I ask you something?" Kieren shifted his gaze from the mural to (Y/N), his grey and black eyes meeting hers.

(Y/N) stared in his eyes, trying to figure out which one was her favorite. She then nodded, crossing her legs and facing him further.

"Why do you always have your lights on?" He asked her, his voice just as poetic as always. This seemed like a moment that they should be sharing over a glass of something hard or sparking.