magnus bane : closure part two

"Oh god." (Y/N) groaned, grabbing her head as she sat up in bed. She looked around the room, realized that she was in Magnus' bed and groaned again. Everything from the night prior was fuzzy, she remembered taking a few shots. The last thing she remembered was smashing a shot glass on the bar counter and thinking how mad Magnus would be about it.

She rolled out of bed, grabbing the first piece of clothing she could find. Which ironically was one of Magnus' shirts she had borrowed. (Y/N) looked at her nightstand, finding a bottle of water and Advil. How sweet, she thought.

(Y/N) wondered into the living room, trying to get to the kitchen in order to make herself something to aid her hangover.

Magnus was sitting on the couch, spinning a coin in his above his fingers. It was a nervous habit he had picked up around a hundred years ago, (Y/N) had gotten him the coin. It was from the year he was born, from his home county. Now every time something was bugging him he would play with it anxiously.

"Morning." She grumbled, passing him while rubbing her temple.

Magnus didn't say anything but his eyes wondered to her, curious to if she remembered the events from last night. He hoped she did, because he had a lot to say about it. There were so many questions he had, the idea of this conversation had kept him up all night.

(Y/N) looked over at him, her eyes getting stuck on the coin in his fingers. She felt her stomach drop, the last time she had seen him do that was when he discovered Camille had betrayed in back in London.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was monotone, as if he was trying to distract himself from what was bothering him. As conflicted as Magnus was he couldn't help himself from worrying about her, his best friend.

"Like someone just blasted me into a brick wall." She groaned, not stopping to look at him, her breakfast could wait. Her head was clearer now, the pain starting to fade due to the pain meds he had given her.

Magnus cleared his throat, "Do you remember anything from last night?" He asked, there was an edge to his voice. It was something that (Y/N) couldn't quit pin down, that was an odd occurrence for her since she had known him for so long.

She ran a hand down her face, "It's really fuzzy." (Y/N) admitted with a laugh. "I remember being up here with you, then going down stairs and drinking." She said, trying to retrace her steps.

Magnus nodded, "And then..." He trailed off, trying to get her to remember the events instead of telling her himself.

(Y/N) narrowed her eyes, drawing her eyebrows together to think. "I came up here and-" She stopped mid-sentence, the events from the night before flooding back to her. Stumbling up the stairs and into the apartment, Magnus catching her, her talking about closure and admitting her feelings to him. "Oh no." (Y/N) said quietly, feeling her throat close from embarrassment. Magnus wasn't supposed to know about her feelings.

"Yeah." Magnus said, standing from his seat on the couch and shoving the coin into his pocket. He wasn't trying to embarrass her, he just wanted the truth.

She groaned again, taking her face into her hands. There was no way that this was happening, no way she had made that big of a fool of herself.

Magnus crossed the room to her, "So," He paused, taking in a deep breath before continuing, "You're over me?" Magnus asked, referring to her word from last night.

(Y/N) swallowed deeply, moving around Magnus carefully so she was not to touch him. She brought her fingers to her mouth, chewing on her nails, a nasty habit she had her whole life. Her hands shook, she was sure that this conversation would arise sooner or later but she had always hoped it was later.

Magnus sighed, walked to his friend and snatched her arm gently, "Don't bite your nails." It was always Magnus who helped her fight the habit, not that he had ever been successful in doing so. When he realized that he was touching her Magnus quickly let go of her arm, trying his best not to make her uncomfortable.

She had been biting her nails since she was a child, continuing even hundreds of years later. It was always Magnus who tried to get her to drop the habit, he had never been successful in doing so.

"I'm sorry about last night." She said, playing with edges of her nails. Her voice was soft, apologizing for things she didn't need to was one of her specialists. Magnus thought he had at least broken that habit of hers.

He chuckled, looking at his feet and then returning his gaze to her, "You don't have to apologize to me (Y/N), I just don't understand." Magnus knew that it was his age that was keeping him calm, people who didn't live forever often freaked out about things like this.

She laughed, "Don't understand? Come on Magnus, we've spent hundreds of years side by side and you're shocked that I fell in love with you?" (Y/N) said, all the feelings she kept bottled up for a hundred years no spilling out. "Who else is going to give me their shirt to sleep in? Who else would let me stay with them, when they love their space? Who ever would spend a few centuries trying to help me break my nail bitting habit?" She asked him, suddenly feeling brave enough to take a few steps towards him.

Magnus swallowed, "You should have just told me." His voice was calm, steady as she stepped towards him. It had been about a century since he had felt the feeling he felt now in his chest, it was hard to breath and his palms sweat.

"You closed yourself off from everyone after Camille." (Y/N) said, "You needed a friend more than you needed to know that I was in love with you." She said, shrugging slightly.

Magnus smiled, of course. She was always putting people above her, making sure everyone around her was alright before her. She would always be his best friend, no matter what.

"Your the best friend anyone could ask for." Magnus said, his free hand cupping the side of her face. "After all these years of helping me rebuild myself you forgot to take care of yourself." He told her, eyes flickering to her lips. "It's time you got what you wanted, call it." Magnus said, smirking, "Closure." He joked, using her own words on her before placing his lips on hers.

~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1145