ty blackthorn : writing stories

Ty stepped into the library with his headphones on, his music playing so loud that it could be heard by those not wearing them as well. He made his way down the marble staircase, towards the bookcase that held the book he was looking for. Having just finished another Sherlock Homes book he needed to find something to read before he could get another novel.

(Y/N) looked up from the table in the center of the library, hearing the door open and close behind someone. "Hello?" She asked, her hand stilling on the page of her notebook. There was no response, to which she narrowed her eyes.

Ty hummed, rounding the corner of another bookshelf. He tapped his fingers to the beat of his music against the bookcases. All the good books were in the middle of the library, to keep them hidden from the Blackthorns uncle who hated all things Mundane. It had been Julian's idea, so that Ty could keep his books.

(Y/N) held her breath as she heard someone humming, she had watched multiple horror movies lately and she knew how this would end. Ty, her boyfriend, had made her watch many movies over the past couple of weeks. She shivered, thinking about a serial killer coming into the library and killing her, leaving the body for her friends to find.

She grabbed a small knife from the inside of her jacket, picking it open and scanning her eyes around the room.

Ty entered the center of the library, his eyes still scanning the bookshelves before he saw (Y/N). He narrowed his eyes, slipping his headphones off his head so that he could hear her.

"By the Angel Ty you scared me." (Y/N) said, clutching her chest with one hand and slipping the knife away with the other. "I thought you were a serial killer of sometime." She said with a sigh of relief, tying not to sound angry at him.

Ty nodded, realizing that perhaps they had watched too many scary movies this passed weakened. "Sorry." He mumbled, fingers running over the paper of her notebook. Ty didn't read any of the writing on the page, that would be an invasion of privacy.

He smiled, thinking about all times they lay opposite of each other in one of their beds, books in hands. The only sounds were that of turning pages and (Y/N) mumbling under her breath when something significant would happen. Those were his favorite moments together, they were simple moments that he treasured.

"Looking for another book?" (Y/N) asked, reaching out to push his black hair out of his eyes. She knew how much he hated when he felt his hair against his skin, she made a note to remind him to get a haircut.

Ty nodded, his fingers dancing across the table. He hummed instead of giving her an actual response, sometimes he didn't feel like talking. (Y/N) was always really good at leaving him be when he was in a mood, she never pushed him too hard or made him feel bad for not wanting to talk. She always made him feel normal.

"Your welcome to sit with me." (Y/N) told him, tapping the end of her pencil against the grain of the table.

She was more of an artistic type than he, Ty was always more of a computer person. (Y/N) loved art, she and Julian could sit and talk about pain colors for hours. She loved music and art, obsessing over modern and old art works along with all sorts of music- apart from county because let's be honest that isn't music. (Y/N) would get lost in her own world, painting or drawing for hours. But Ty had never seen her write, he knew she loved to read but writing was a passion of hers he was familiar with.

Ty's eyebrows drew together, "What are you doing?" He asked. A small smile laid on his lips as he watched the sun gleam through the stain glass of the library windows and reflect different colors across her skin.

She smiled as he asked, "Writing stories." (Y/N) responded with a shrug.

He blinked, "About?" Curiosity getting the best of him. (Y/N) never mind sharing her art with him, in fact he was often the first person she ran too when she finished something.

She then seemed to disappear from in front of him. She seemed to travel a million miles away in her mind, "Us." (Y/N) answered, returning back to Ty in the library. Her eyes panned to his, waiting for his reaction.

Ty smiled, thinking about all the adventures that they had together, all the memories that would turn into a wonderful novel. He thought of the kisses they shared between chapters, her running her fingers though his hair, sitting on top of buildings during patrol and fighting Demons in the night together.

He stood from his seat next to her, walked to the bookshelf closest to her and snatched the book he had been looking for. Ty then returned to his seat, moving into his reading position- legs crossed with the book in one hand and the other holding up his head- and looked over at her.

"Let me know when you've finished." Ty said softly, cracking the spine of his book and smiling. "I'd love to read stories of us."

(Y/N) smiled, making a note to always remember this sweet moment. She then reached for her pencil, and dove back into the wonderful tales of her and Ty. There were so many that she was sure that he would finish the book before she finished writing.

Not that either one of them minded working in the others company.

~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 980

Ty Blackthorn is a sweetheart who must be protected at all costs.