Bathroom Wall

"Thanks." I said as I got into the car with CC.

"Don't mention it...real girls don't leave their friends behind...Mate or not."

I was touched, I had just met her and she was so kind to me.

But then reality set in and everything I had seen tonight and then what Maxen had just told me, I sighed. "CC is it true...all the Wolf, Mate stuff?" I asked, feeling a little ignorant for even asking.

She started the car up and we began to drive back to Myrtle's B&B, "It is Baby...I know it's all crazy and unusal to you but it is very real."

"Maxen's your cousin, so are you...-"

She nodded, "Yeah, I'm a wolf too...so's my Mate Vic, and there's something else I should tell you..."

"What?" I sighed, not thinking I could take anymore of the unusal for tonight.

"I can sort of read minds." She said a little hesitantly.

"Sort of read minds?" I sighed.

"Okay not sort of...I can read minds." She informed me.

"So this whole time?"

"I've been hearing your thoughts...yeah, I'm really sorry I can't control it very well unless I focus on listening to someone else's thoughts...and even at that if someone is thinking of something with a strong emotional connection is sort of screams at me so it's harder to ignore."

I sighed once again. "Well what all did you hear?" I asked worried she may have heard something important.

"Well right now you're worrying I heard something important."

I closed my eyes and tried to clear my thoughts as she continued. "Really I only heard your worry for Max tonight, of course that was after the inital attraction...on both sides I can assure you."

I opened my eyes and looked at her, "Seriously...not the time for that."

"Dully noted." She grinned nervously. "Uh, back at the bar I knew you wanted to follow Joe out here to the bayou, and I know you came to town to do something you don't really want to do but feel like you have to do...but your strongest thought was when you projected an image of a nun...you Catholic?"

I shook my head and looked out the window now, it was hard to talk about Agata, and mind reader or not I didn't want her to see me getting emotional. "I'm not Catholic...The Nun was a sister from the Orphange I grew up in...Sister Agata." I shook my head, "She died recently...left me a letter and some other stuff, important stuff." I said looking at her now as I thought about what all she had left me.

"A Birth Certificate." She sounded, caught up in the drama of it.

I nodded, "My Birth Certificate..." After all of that I basically vented to her. One because I knew she'd see/hear it all through her mind reading anyways, and Two, because I really needed to talk to someone about all of this and Sammy wasn't here.

"...So the only woman You've ever loved like a mother dies, leaving you your birth mother's info...which wasn't even correct...You get fired from your job and decided to go on this wild goose chase to find a lady who gave birth to you, wound up here in this shitty town...meet the most awesome person you're bound to meet ever aka Me, go to the fight, meet Max, learn about wolves, and the fact that he's your Mate..."

"...and I'm still not any closer to finding my birth mother." I cut her off before she started in on Maxen and the whole Mate Werewolf topic again. "But I'm gonna try that address tomorrow."

"And then what?"

I shrugged, "either she's there or not...if by some chance she there then I want to talk to her, maybe learn about her and maybe even my dad."