Fate

"You really need all of that stuff?" Maxen asked as I placed various products for hair and body on the conveyor belt.

"I do, if not i'll be a frizzy dry mess...not a cute look."

He rolled his eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"I find it hard to believe."

"Find what hard to believe I asked." As I put my card into the chip reader.

"That you'd be anything less than cute." He said seriously.

I couldn't look at him as I tried to hide my smile, I thanked the lady as she offered me my receipt. And together Maxen and I left.

I'll just leave this on the back seat while we're out...don't feel like driving all the way back just to drop this off an come back out here...I should put some gas too."

"Yeah theres a gas station just ahead." He pointed out. "And no offense but your ride is kinda rough, maybe you should think about putting some oil in your car...once it's cooled down of course."

I nodded, I went in to pay and when I came out I noticed him under the hood of my car.

"You're almost completely out....when was the last time you had an oil change?" He asked as he closed my hood and moved to pump the gas now. "There a shop not too far from here that's still open, we can take it by and have them work on it, but driving with oil this low could lock up your engine."

I didn't want to spend that kind of money but knew it was something I needed done. I nodded, "May as well."

I got into the car and let him finish putting the gas for me. When he got into the car I thanked him.

"What for?" He asked.

"Checking my oil, putting my gas...not exactly the kinda stuff I know about or like to do personally." I admitted a little embarrassed

He nodded, "It's nothing...now lets get you over to the mechanic shop."

We went by the first one he mentioned but it was super packed, so we went to the other one in town, but it was just as bad.

"The only other one is the next town over." He sighed.

"Maybe we should wait and do this tomorrow, first thing in the morning?" I sounded.

He shook his head, "That's dangerous Baby." He said seriously now.

"Well we'll just wait it out then...nothing else to do anyways, plus CC said 7-8...and it's not even 7 yet." I smiled.

He nodded. "You get your car in line and I'll go in and let them know what you need."

I nodded now "see if they'll even take the car first Maxen."

"They will." He said knowingly.

I sat back against my seat and watched as he got out of the car. He moved with purpose, and looked so comfortable as he waked into the small shop.

I moved my car into the line like he suggested and checked my makeup while I waited...until I realized what I was doing. I shook my head, I couldn't believe I was fussing over my looks for him...then again, I did want to look my best.

He finally came back and I was still in the same spot as before.

"So good news and bad news." He said as he leaned against my car and spoke to me through the window.

I had to calm myself down as his face drew in close to mine as he spoke, I kept my eyes locked onto his handsome blue eyes...but that didn't silence the urge to look down at his lips while he spoke to me.