September 15

~ We've reached over 5,500 reads! Thanks to everyone who has read it, your support is amazing! And of course thanks to everyone who has voted/commented on this book! It's all very much appreciated!!! :D And we're officially half way through the celebration today. Just 15 more days and you will finally have some peace and quite again :)

I'm sorry today's story won't be that long, it's really short. But I'm exhausted... I'm so sorry! I'll make up for it tomorrow! ~

It had been a weird day yesterday. At some point Thorin had decided he wanted to protect you from Gandalf while there was absolutely no reason for it. Yes, you were going on a quest that could end with you dying, but hey, you may survive it! And what did he care? Nothing, as he had said himself. But he did care a lot for someone who didn't care. After the argument with Gandalf he had disappeared into the woods, not returning until the following morning.

You were once again on your way and the company had finally left the mountain behind them. Making their way towards a city of men. There you and Kim would be left behind, that is if Thorin had his way. But luckily for you there was a wizard who refused to leave you behind since you had to go on his quest. Since the Medina Woods were close to the city of men, you, Kim and Gandalf would leave the company there. You would reach the city in two days.

Secretly you didn't want to go. There was always the possibility of you dying or losing Kim. And you had grown fond of the Durin princes, even their uncle had a place in your heart. But you were still mad at him. First he let Kim walk in the front with him and she was allowed to come along on the hunt, while you had to ride in the middle and stay back in camp. It just wasn't fair. Fili and Kili noticed you needed some cheering up so they offered to ride next to you and Bilbo today. You were pleased with Dwalin not riding next to you for one day.

He seemed like a nice guy but he always glared at you. It made you feel uncomfortable and you were glad the hobbit rode in between. As soon as the company had left Dwalin rode to the front, next to Kim. They didn't seem to talk, unless you could call arguing talking. Somehow they always disagreed about something, whether it was about the way she sat on her pony or the way he frowned. Even Thorin seemed to get annoyed with them, riding his pony faster so that he wouldn't be so close to them.

But you noticed Dwalin was smiling when he argued with you. Not a big smile, but a small one, lurking in the corner of his mouth. You swore he had a thing for her. When you had a chance you would talk to her about this. A sudden warm hand on your shoulder interrupted your train of thoughts. 'Lass, what are you thinking about? We actually wanted to ask you some questions about courting rituals in your world' Fili smirked at you. Why did this feel like you were in a lot of trouble?

'Uhm... well, I don't know. We don't really court..' 'That we know, but you said you could date people, so there must be some rituals?' Fili pushed. You nodded. 'There are not really rituals since everyone approaches it differently. But you can take your date out for dinner, for a walk in the park and a picnic, or just drinking some coffee together' you explained. 'Nothing like giving the other person gifts?' Fili asked curiously. 'Sometimes the boy gives the girl flowers, and often pays for the date, but normally you don't give each other jewelry until you are a couple.'

'So you give flowers to the girl? What does she need them for? They will witter within a week, a piece of jewelry will survive time if made correctly' Kili jumped in. You smiled, these dwarfs and their love for jewels. 'Aye brother, I don't understand it either. But I think I know what to do' Fili said while jumping of his pony. 'What are you doing?!' you asked kind of flustered. Kili laughed beside you and you watched Fili running towards a flower bed nearby.

He knelt down and did something, you couldn't tell what because his broad back was blocking your view. 'Fili! Come back in line!' Thorin shouted from the front of the line. Quickly the prince got up and ran back, a bouqeut of daisies and forget-me-not's in his hand. You chuckled at watching him run with the flowers in his hand, he looked so adorable. He got up his pony and handed you the bouqeut. 'I know it's nothing much, but you are a nice lass, so here.' You blushed and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

You put your nose in the bouquet to smell the delicious scent of the flowers. Beside you Kili and Fili exchanged knowing looks when they saw their uncle glaring at Fili. He tried not to feel smaller with his uncle's eyes fixed on him but he couldn't help but smirk that he made his uncle jealous that easily. Everyone had already noticed the connection between the young lass and their leader, but he seemed to ignore it. Well, the brothers had a few tricks up their sleeve to make sure he would acknowledge his feelings. Even if they had to spell it out for him.