September 24

This story is based on an imagine from imaginexhobbit: Imagine having a fight with Thranduil and he insults you with something that hurts you so deeply you storm off. He soon realizes and runs after you.

During the conversation between Thranduil and Thorin you couldn't help but notice that the dwarf looked extremely handsome. His hair all muddy and tangled but yet beautiful untamed to you. You loved it when he dared to insult your King like that, but you would never admit it. Thranduil wasn't just your king, he was your father as well. He would be mad, to say the least, if he heard about your love for a certain dwarf King. After Thorin's outburst Thranduil ordered his guards to take him away to his cell once more. When he left you showed him a cheeky grin.

And that's when all hell broke loose. Of course your father had to notice this. '(Y/N)? What do you think you are doing?' he asked with slightly raised eyebrows. He wasn't that much taller then you, but still you felt like a child beside him. Especially when he looked at you in the way he did now. His eyes were narrowed, disapproving and disappointment for everyone to see. You felt yourself shrink and you wished there would appear a hole right next to you, that way you didn't have to face your father.

'I asked you a question' Thranduil spoke. His voice nothing more then an angry whisper. You tried to relax but it was a hard thing to do under his piercing eyes. 'The problem was that I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry, it will not happen again.' You bowed at him to show him your respect before trying to speed walk away with elegance. Closing your eyes you walked further waiting for... 'I didn't say you could leave.' You stopped immediately and opened your eyes. Of course he wouldn't let you walk away this easily. Turning around you noticed that there was nothing but you and him. The guards must have ran away, you thought.

'How dare you flirting with someone who has been so disrespectful to your kin? It's a shame to our kind. Those dwarfs don't value anything over their gold nor jewels. What do you think you would be worth to him? Absolutely nothing! I have given you all. But apparently that's not enough for you. You've showed me that my love for you means nothing to you. If your mother would be here... She would be so ashamed of you right now.' He looked at you with hurt written in his eyes, his face an unreadable mask. But your face wasn't so unreadable.

Everyone knew that you were still mourning over your mother's death. It was only a few years ago and you had loved her so much... For your own father to say something like that... It was despicable. Your eyes watered and your mouth had dropped. You wanted to say something at him, curse him for all you cared, but you couldn't make a sound. Without saying another word you turn around and run. Behind you Tranduil watched you leaving and suddenly he felt guilty. He should have never said that to you. He knew how hard your mother's death had been on you.

It was unfair of him to bring it up like this, no matter what you had said. Quickly he comes after you. First he looks in your bedroom, but there is no sign of you there. Your not in the garden, your not in the music room. Where can you be? Thranduil asks the guards but none have seen you. Then it hits him, of course, you must be there. Why didn't he think about that place sooner?

Quietly he enters the library. His wife used to spend so much time here, reading all the books on the shelves and creating stories of her own. He had fallen in love with her while she was reading a book. She seemed to be so at ease and so peaceful when she was reading. It brought some peace over him as well. He couldn't describe the feeling, but he was certain it was love. He was thinking about these memories when he hears sobbing sounds. He sighs and follows the sounds, not sure if he is ready for this conversation. When he sees you, your eyes puffy and red, he can't help himself and drops down beside you, pulling you into a tight hug.

'I didn't mean to say that....' he started and your sobbing stopped for a moment. 'I know you didn't mean it. It's just.... I miss her so much!' He pulls you tighter and you bury your face in his hair. 'I miss her to' he whispers.