- six -

"You picked a dance with the devil and you lucked out."

The Universe was trying to restore balance and to get back at me for the night of sweet pleasure. The work day was so busy and nerve-wrecking that I didn't even have time to eat. We had new props and costumes coming in that we had to sort and organize for nearly 6 hours. It was almost impossible. 

"I swear to God, I'm considering quitting my job almost everyday." Victoria complained while picking up a really heavy box of cables. She put it down almost immediately and raised her finger at a passing boy. "Hey, you! What are these muscles for if you don't even use them? You're going to let a tiny girl do such heavy chores and simply pass by? Come here and help me!"

The boy looked at her in confusion but obeyed her like a loyal servant.

"Wow, you have some serious manager qualities." I praised her.

"Well, what are men for if we don't take advantage of them?" Victoria winked at me and went off bossing around another innocent male.

I sighed heavily and sat down on one of the boxes. Coincidentally there was no one around so I could finally eat the muffin I had grabbed from my home for breakfast. I took out my phone.

Taehyung:

"You good, babe? Can you walk? ;)"

I burst out laughing and quickly looked around to see if someone had seen me.

Me:

"There's a lot more you have to do if you want me to not be able to walk..."

Taehyung:

"I have something in mind about that."

I stared at the screen for some time before I quickly typed.

Me:

"Come over at my place tonight."

Was I crazy? Inviting him over? But I couldn't wait for him to touch me again, even if it were just ten hours ago that we were kissing and caressing each other.

Almost frantic, I glanced at my phone when I felt it buzzing in my hands.

Taehyung:

"See you tonight. Prepare yourself because you won't be able to walk for days."

***

My heels clattered on the parking floor as I was almost running towards my car. Fortunately we had been able to finish all the work in the designated time and I was super proud of that. But now I had to get home as quickly as I could to take a shower and hopefully eat something because all I had that day was a half a muffin.

I sat behind the wheel and put the keys in the contact.  The engine roared as if it was a sleeping dragon waking up but then slowly went back to a quiet growl.

I stepped on the treadle again. My Audi A3 was almost twelve-years old and always took some time to turn it on but eventually it would triumphantly wake up with a loud roar. However, now it seemed that it was deeply asleep.

"Come on, come on... Don't betray me now, sweetie!" I pleaded as I made one final attempt. But with no result.

I got out of the car, putting my hands on my hips. I had absolutely no idea how the inside of a car works.

Okay, so now what? The parking was absolutely empty. It was an underground private parking lot for company employees only. I couldn't possibly walk home and I had no cash to cab.

As I was brainstorming I remembered I had some car cables in my trunk. The problem with my car was probably that the car battery had died. I often forgot the radio on. If I could find someone that could help me...

As if the Universe had heard my thoughts, I saw a black Porsche Cayenne come out from behind the corner. The windows were darkened and there was no way I could see who the driver was. I scarcely put my hand up to call for help but the stranger just passed me by like I was a street sign.

I clenched my jaw. Well, okay then, asshole, don't help a damsel in distress. I'll think of something else.

Just as I was giving him the middle finger in my mind, the stranger in the car drove back and parked right next to me with a perfect maneuver.

He pulled down the window and I saw a pair of black glasses, light blonde bangs falling upon them, and a set of perfect white teeth smiling at me.

It was none other than Park Jimin.

"You need a hand, sweetie?" He called out from behind the wheel

"I think it's the car battery. It's down. I think I had in here somewhere some cables... if you could just give me some electricity..."

Jimin touched his chin as if he was thinking very hard.

"Well, I can give you a ride if you want." He offered with a face of utter nonchalance.

I bit my lower lip as I would do every time I was nervous and hesitating.

"Sorry, but I can't just leave my car here." I uttered.

Jimin snickered. "What, are you afraid that someone's going to steal it?" He pointed at the pitiful pile of tin and metal that was my car. My loyal companion looked like a garbage can compared to his luxurious Porsche.

"Come on, hop in. I'll have someone take care of your car. It'll be in front of your home in two hours max." Jimin insisted.

I sighed. I really didn't want to do it, but I was desperate. Moreovoer, I was aware of Jimin's reputation in the company. He was a notorious ladies' man, a typical "fuck-and-ditch" type of guy. I could think of at least ten girls in my staff that had fallen for his charm and that was just a tiny part of his numerous arsenal of conquests, I supposed.

Well, it was very nice of him to offer me a ride in this unfortunate situation. And I had no other choice because I really had to get home on time tonight. I took my bag and walked towards the passenger's door. I opened it and I breathed in the heavy scent of a sexy perfume.

Jimin had a playful smirk on his lips and I could feel that he was checking me out behind his dark sunglasses. I don't think that he was even trying to hide it. He caressed the wheel of the Porsche sensually and turned around to face me.

"So, where to, miss?"