- fourteen -

"and I can't help myself

all I wanna hear her say is...

are you mine?"

A/N POV:

Kim Taehyung was in no mood for a birthday party.

But he didn't want to insult his good friend Baekhyun by not attending the celebration of his 26th birthday so he really didn't have a choice.

The party was privately held in a small bar in the heart of Seoul. Baekhyun had told him that he had invited his closest friends and family – in other words, around 100 people will be there, Taehyung thought. When he entered the bar many people came and greeted him and he responded absent-mindedly to all of them. Baekhyun had already had a glass or two so he was extremely cheerful.

"Happy birthday, bro." Taehyung smiled at his friend who hugged him tightly, saying he was glad to see him. The younger male then proceeded to BTS' table that was situated right beside the dancefloor. Taehyung had come in late so people were already partying and dancing. He noticed bitterly that Jimin was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, Tae, should I pour you a glass of whiskey?" Hoseok shouted, trying to be louder than the music. Taehyung nodded.

"Make that a double."

He sat on the booth next to his friends and slowly took a sip of the golden drink before swallowing. The whiskey sent trembling sensations towards his stomach and Taehyung made a face.

Jin gave his friend a worried look, remembering the incident earlier that day, but decided not to say anything.

Taehyung gulped his glass of whiskey as if it was a shot of tequila and poured himself another one right away. He stared straight in front of him at the dance floor. Half of the people there were already drunkenly bouncing and twerking having the times of their lives, and there he was in contrast to everything around him, feeling miserable as hell.

His dream from before made him angry but it also made him sad. The face Y/N had in his dream, it was heart-breaking. He knew that he would die if she ever looked at him like that in real life.

A waterfall of golden hair on the dance floor attracted his attention. Taehyung put his glass back on the table and stared right at the girl. She had the exact same body features as Y/N. She had her hair, her skin looked just as soft... And the way she moved, she looked just like her...

Could this be?

As if the girl had sensed his gaze on her, she turned around and gave Taehyung a charming smile, uncovering a set of white teeth. She fixed her hair and walked slowly towards him. It was as if the whole world around them had stopped and they were the only two people there.

Taehyung blinked in disbelief when the girl approached him and took him by the hand. She kept smiling as she pulled him closer and touched his chest lightly. Her eyes... They were pretty but something about them was off, Taehyung thought.

He followed her lead and stood up. She playfully turned around, turning her back towards him. He tracked only with his eyes her strapless dress with a bare back, her long hair falling in front of it. She turned back around, took his hand and put it on her waist while she naughtily pulled the buttons on his shirt. Taehyung was looking at her curiously and then pulled her somewhat rudely to his body, breathing in the scent of her perfume.

This perfume... there was something different about it...

The girl laughed but her laugh sounded weird to him. She started kissing his neck slowly while her body was grinding to the rhythm of the music towards his. Taehyung closed his eyes and all he could see was Y/N's beautiful smile and the child-like sparkle in her eyes. She looked innocent, but he knew she wasn't innocent at all... He remembered the touch of her hands and the way his skin felt against his... so perfect, so... different than this.

He abruptly opened his eyes and took a step away from the girl that was kissing his jaw. This girl looked like Y/N, but she wasn't Y/N. No matter how much he tried to pretend she was her, he couldn't lie to his heart.

The unknown girl looked at him, confused. She put her devilish smirk back on her face again and moved towards Taehyung, putting her arms around his neck, playing with his hair. He pulled away again and shook his head.

Without saying a thing, Taehyung turned around and walked quickly towards the exit. He took his last steps almost running before he got outside.

Knowing he'd hesitate and give up on it if he didn't act quickly, the man took his phone out and dialed the last number he'd received a text from.

One ring... Two, three, four...

She wasn't picking up.

Taehyung growled angrily and dialed again. All he heard while ringing was fate's cruel laugh at his own pitiful state.

He repressed the will to throw his phone to the ground and jump on it until it didn't resemble a phone anymore.

He had to hear her voice. He needed to hear it.

Taehyung took a deep breath in. This was it, his third and last attempt.

Ring... ring...

Taehyung's fingers clutched the phone tightly, nearly breaking it, as he heard the click of picking up from the other side.

"Hello?"

author's note:

to be continued~ xoxo