- thirty -

WARNING: mature content

Taehyung's POV

I hold my breath, observing the slight rise and fall of your chest as you sleep.

My heart thumps in sync with your slow, shallow breaths.

You look so peaceful, serenity plastered over your face, its beautiful features much softer in slumber.

My eyes travel from your fluttering eyelids to the bridge of your nose, studying every little detail.

Like the miniature freckles adorning your cheeks, scattered like little stars in the night sky.

It makes me smile.

The stars should be envious, you shine a million times brighter.

Your hair spilled across the pillow long and loose, the softest waves of caramel I have ever touched.

Before I know it, I reach down and my fingertips brush against a single strand on the side of your face. I shudder.

Your soft lips part with every breath that leaves your mouth. It catches my attention. The idea of feeling them on mine makes my heart flutter and the urge to kiss you takes over me.

You should be kissed so very often, and by someone who knows how.

My eyes gravitate towards the little scar just above your collarbone. I can't help but wonder, did someone cause you pain? In case anyone did, they have to pay. I'll make them pay.

You slightly twitch in your sleep and your forehead creases. I gasp softly. What is it that you dream about? Is it by any chance me?

Am I in your dreams?

Because you are in mine.

I don't know how you'd react if you saw me here, sitting on the bed and admiring you.

It's dark in here. I don't want to scare you.

In your sleep, you look angelic. Almost otherworldly.

Truth is, I can't seem to fall asleep. I'm just so taken with you. You have a hold on me that no one else has. I'm lost in a sea of you, you captivate my soul.

I'm your prisoner now.

You ignited a blaze inside of me and now there's no going back. It burns, but it feels so right, so natural.

The thought of being without you makes me crumble.

I'd rather watch you burn than walk away from me.

I suppose I am a mess. Maybe I should be ashamed. Ashamed of everything I've done to win you over. Keep you close.

But you know what?