- thirty-six -

My legs somehow managed to carry me out of the hospital as I pushed the heavy door wearily

My legs somehow managed to carry me out of the hospital as I pushed the heavy door wearily. I had begged the doctors to dismiss me early in the morning – hospitals made me feel way worse than I already was.

After they debated whether or not there would be any risks if I left, they agreed to let me go and call me later during the day if there were some abnormalities in my test results.

"Y/N!" someone rushed towards me and before I could even raise my gaze in that same direction, I knew who it was by the elegant scent of expensive cologne penetrating my nostrils.

"Jimin?" I frowned, too tired to be shocked.

"I came as soon as I found out," he straightened out his shirt, cheeks tinted with a rosy hue as if he had been running. "What happened? Why were you at the hospital?"

"I was feeling unwell last night," I explained dryly. "I collapsed. But I'm all good now. Victoria drove me here and stayed with me all night."

"Why didn't you call me?" he asked, throwing me off guard.

"I thought we weren't on speaking terms," I replied. "And frankly, I didn't even think of that."

"Wow," his shoulders drooped. "I'm so sorry. I feel like a total asshole. I shouldn't have passed you by like that the other day."

"No, Jimin, it's okay really," I raised my hand next to my face to make him stop talking. "You don't owe me anything. It's your choice whether you want to speak to me or not, and I respect that."

"It wasn't that I didn't want to speak to you," he admitted. "After our last conversation, I felt hurt and angry. I did not know how to deal with these emotions, so I kinda shut them out. When I saw you at work, I had absolutely no idea how to react, so I just passed you by. Which was a really shitty thing of me to do, especially if it made you feel as if you couldn't rely on me and call me in a time of need. I'm sorry."

My chin twitched at his heart-felt confession, and I started fidgeting with the button of my jacket.

"No worries." I brushed it off.

"But why did Victoria of all people take you to the hospital? Where was Taehyung?" Jimin asked. "You know, with you two living together now and all... I figured he'd be the person next to you in that hospital."

"Taehyung and I broke up." I uttered, mustering everything I had to make my voice sound steady.

"Oh," Jimin said softly. For a moment, he simply stared at me, his expression practically unreadable. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Yes, actually I'm on my way to his place to grab my stuff," I explained. "I was just about to call an Uber."

"Let me take you," he offered. "My car is right over there."

"Oh, I really don't think that's a good idea..." my voice trailed off as I stopped mid-sentence.

"I insist, let me help."