- twenty-seven -

It was alarming.

No, not Taehyung's behavior. Nor the way he had stalked me for over a year before making a move on me. Certainly not how he practically had someone fired for talking to me.

Not the fact that he got into a literal fist fight with Jimin because of me, or the fact that he locked me in a room with him and refused to let me go just some hours ago. Not how possessive he had turned out to be. Not the meltdown he had spiraled into.

And not how he would have cracked the skull of that reporter today if I hadn't somehow managed to stop him.

No.

All of those things were straight out terrifying.

What was truly alarming was... how much I was willing to disregard all of his wrongdoings and stay with him right here and right now.

Was I stupid? Or was I going equally crazy as him?

I didn't know. I was confused. Holding him in my arms, feeling his weight on my shoulders as he had practically collapsed onto me. Hearing the muffled sobs and sniffles he let out against my chest. Feeling his fingers clutch onto my shirt, digging his nails into my back and pressing my body harder against his. Sensing the subtle shaking of his arms.

It was heartbreaking.

I knew I had to go, I knew that. The problem was, I couldn't. I couldn't leave him like this. He was completely and utterly devastated.

This was so wrong for me, for both of us. Everything about Taehyung's demeanor screamed 'danger'. Every fiber of my body pressured me to pull away, to step out and don't look back. To go to my place and think things over, where I would be able to think clearly, perhaps even end it with him. Because right now, his presence was fogging up my mind like a heavy mist. It was overwhelming me, corrupting my judgement. I wanted to be strong, to do what was best for me.

But I... just... couldn't.

It hurt. It hurt how weak I was for him. How did things end up like this?

The choked up whimper that forced its way up his throat hit me harder than I ever thought anything could. And just like that, all of my defenses came crashing down.

No, don't. For heaven's sake, Y/N. He was violent.

I shook my head, my arms snaking their way around his waist tighter.

He beat up a man today. You saw it with your own eyes. There was blood. Fucking blood, Y/N.

I tugged slightly on his shirt, rubbing his back lovingly as my thoughts were wrestling for dominance.

You need to leave. This isn't normal human behavior. Aren't you the least bit uncomfortable?

But he's in pain. And he looks so weak and miserable. He needs me, he needs me to be by his side and take care of him.

You're making a mistake and you'll regret this.

I squeezed my eyes shut, feeling them start to well up with tears. Tears of frustration. Tears of confliction. Of helplessness. I suddenly felt so tired of this struggle. The truth was, I wanted to stay. I didn't want to fight it anymore. Taehyung's embrace felt so nice, so warm and comforting. He wanted me to be by his side, he needed me.

And just like that. I shut it all out.

"Taehyung," I breathed out, weaving my hand into his soft hair as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck. His breath sent a tingling sensation against my skin and a warm feeling started pooling in the pit of my stomach.