- nineteen -

author's note:

hey guys, the new chapter is here! I'm so sorry for the delay, but I wanted to make this chapter good for you. Once again, thank you everyone for your engagement on the last chapter. Your wish is my command, so here you go.

Like the previous time, this chapter is dedicated to the people that voted on the options from last time! Like always, there's a question for you at the end of this chapter as well. Enjoy!

This chapter is dedicated to:

Introverted3xtrovert

tttaaeee07

Maia_Gail_

ToriGBear0

YoonMinIsMyHope

***

Jimin's POV

Speeding through yet another red light, the beeping of the phone echoed through my head, magnifying the anxiety building up in my chest.

Why was I anxious?

I couldn't tell.

All I knew was that she had to pick up. It was imperative that she picked up.

Before it was too late.

The almost imperceptible pause of silence after the last beeping sound made my stomach turn upside down.

"Y/N? Y/N, are you there?" my voice was raspy as it left my mouth, my fingers inadvertently clutching on the steering wheel as I took a sharp turn.

"What do you want?" she sounded almost cruel, if I didn't know better I'd think she was doing it on purpose but at the same time, I could hear the unfiltered horror in her voice.

Did it already happen? Was I too late?

"What's going on? Did you- did you already see them?" I shuddered, realizing I couldn't control my stuttering. Just a second later, I winced, wanting to punch myself in the face for the last words that left my mouth. Good job, Jimin, you blew it. Think before you speak, will you?

The quietness that followed was so intense, I felt as if my body was being stretched in every possible direction.

"What do you mean have I seen them?" her usually soft voice boomed through the phone. "Jimin, do you have anything to do with this?!" she thundered. She was shaken, I could sense it even through the phone. Moreover, she was jumping to conclusions I wasn't ready to clarify but it seemed like I'd have to.

"Y/N, I'm two blocks away from your apartment complex, please wait for me. I'll explain everything," I begged, I was so hopeless I didn't realize that had been the first time I was begging a woman for anything, ever. "Please, just don't do anything stupid."

I could barely breathe when I heard her hang up on me. I didn't have time to worry about that now, all I knew was that I had to see her, to explain everything to her. How do you even get out of something like this? I fucked up really bad this time. For the first time, I let feelings get in the way and now I was going to pay for this.