- ten -

"Maybe I'm too busy being yours to fall for somebody new."

"Y/N? Y/N, did you hear me?"

Victoria's voice echoed through my head and dragged me back to the real world.

"Were you in a trance?"

I shook my head and put the lid on the box that we had just packed. The storage room was full of people and I could barely hear her.

"Just didn't sleep well, that's' all." I replied as I tried my best to sound nonchalant.

"You don't look so good, either." The brunette gave me a concerned look. "Take care of yourself more, please."

Take care of myself? Yeah, I would, if I could concentrate for at least ten seconds today.

The previous night had gone in a blur and all I could remember was crying and crying until I wasn't crying anymore. I must have cried myself to sleep, because when I woke up in the morning I was still in my clothes. I had frantically looked at my phone for any messages from Taehyung, but at the same time I wasn't surprised when I saw none. I didn't try contacting him either. Moreover, what would I even say? He said it all. It was only Jimin's message that flashed before my eyes the moment I unlocked my phone, as if it was mocking me for being so pathetic.

Speaking of Jimin, at least the man seemed to keep his word – my Audi was parked in my drive yard early in the morning, freshly cleaned and with a beautiful red rose on top.

I grabbed the rose and threw it on the ground, then ran my car over it, leaving a mess of rose petals on the ground.

I arrived at work earlier than expected today so I had time to check the schedule. We had a KBS recording at 1 p.m. so I had to hurry up and prepare. I sighed as I got inside the elevator. So, there was absolutely no way that I could avoid Taehyung today.

Me and Victoria worked hard on the distribution of tasks and preparations. I was just talking to the lightning engineers when one of the managers approached us. I took a look at my phone and remembered it was time for me to go the changing rooms and take care of make-up. The moment I was dreading the most.

"I'll be right there, just a minute." I made a sign to the manager when I saw him open his mouth to talk to me.

"Y/N, it's not that. I came to tell you that, uhm." The manager scratched his head nervously. "You won't be doing make up today. They said they want someone else to do it."

"What? Why- why is that?" I couldn't believe my ears. I was always in charge of the make up.

"Yes, why is that?" Victoria joined in, a deep frown creasing her forehead.

The manager took a step back as if we were a pack of lions attacking him. He had a confused expression on his face.

"No reason. I mean, I don't know. This is all I can tell you." He mumbled so quickly that I didn't even understand him at first. "Don't worry, I'm sure it's just for today." He added smiling when he saw my startled face and then he quickly walked away.

Had it been any other day, I wouldn't mind the sudden change. But given the fact it was the day after my argument with Taehyung... Was he playing games with me now? With my job? What kind of a twisted person would wreck me to pieces and mess me up at my work place the next day?

Kim Taehyung, what the fuck were you doing?

This was all too much for me and I felt my feet going numb as I staggered lightly towards Victoria. She grabbed me by the hand tightly.

"Are you okay? Do you need some water?" She asked.

"No, it's alright." I took a deep breath in. "It's just... I'm really feeling under the weather today. I think it's better if I go home. Fill in for me, okay?"

Victoria nodded in confusion and then agreed that it was best for me to stay at home. I hurriedly grabbed my purse and almost ran towards my car. I got in and started punching the wheel right away.

"Fuck!" I yelled not caring if someone was in the parking lot and whether they could hear me. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I panted and took a look of myself in the window. My hair was all up in my face and my eyes were tired and baggy. I looked exactly as I felt – like shit.

Burning with rage, I took out my phone and typed with trembling fingers.

Me:"Is this how it's gonna be from now on? You're gonna dismiss me from my job just like the guy you got fired for talking to me? I didn't expect this from you, Taehyung."

I threw my phone to the seat next to me and buried my face in my palms. To my surprise the phone buzzed almost immediately. I took it in my hands frantically and unlocked it.

It wasn't the message I expected.