- seven -

Y/N POV:

Taehyung:

"Still at the studio recording w/ Namjoon and Steve Aoki. Running late. Talk to you later."

I put my phone down on my lap and looked through the window. Rain was falling down like a waterfall.

It's a good thing I'm not walking home, I thought.

"That your boyfriend?" Jimin asked nonchalantly when we stopped at a traffic light. He didn't glance at me and instead he looked straight ahead.

I wiggled in my seat awkwardly.

Before I could reply my stomach let out the most horrifying growl I had ever heard. Jimin started laughing.

"It looks like you're hungry. Wanna go grab something to eat?" he asked in the most innocent way possible, like we were a couple of best friends having a chat.

"It's okay, really. I can just eat something at home." I tried to decline politely.

"I meant to grab something to eat with me. Or are you going to invite me over to your place?" Jimin threw me a playful glance. I gulped and tried to think of something clever to say as a comeback.

"That's what I thought." He forestalled my answer. "Come on, I know a great cozy place around here. It's not very pretentious." He added as if he could read my mind when I thought that I was wearing my most ordinary clothes and hadn't showered all day.

"My mama always told me not to take a girl home without making sure she's eaten well first." Jimin smiled warmly at me instead of giving me one of his flirty smirks again. He had such a powerful energy but in a laid-back, calm way. I could tell that he was just being himself, without the tension of pretending to be someone else or conducting according to the social norms.

"Well, you're driving so you make the rules." I shrugged. Out of the corner of my eye I saw how Jimin lightly clasped the wheel.

"We're here." He announced in a minute or so and parked the Porsche in front of a small door with an unobtrusive sign. If I had passed by I wouldn't even notice that it was a restaurant.

I got off from the car but then froze.

How could I walk into a crowded restaurant with Park fucking Jimin?

As if he had read my mind again, Jimin laughed and gently put his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, people know me here. This restaurant is not open to the public eye. No one will bother us here." He reassured me.

I sure hope so, I thought and in the back of my mind I felt a little scared. I'm not doing anything wrong, am I?

The waiter greeted us quietly and settled us at a covert table that was almost invisible from all the other tables.