- twenty-three -

author's note:

WARNING: this chapter contains mature content

***

So much for the perfect date.

The ride on the way back from the restaurant had been incredibly frustrating, considering we seemed to hit every red light possible. No matter how desperately I tried to keep my spirits, it was undeniable that the night had been ruined.

Taehyung hadn't peeped a word the whole time since we had left the restaurant and it made me feel uneasy. What kind of thoughts was running through his head? He was definitely angry, I could tell that much. When I thought about it, from his point of view he had only seen me and Jimin argue over something. He had no idea that Tiffany had been there too and I wasn't going to tell him either, wanting to keep her privacy.

Her terrified expression had imprinted on my mind, making my gut twirl. She looked genuinely scared, but of what? I had never thought Jimin to be a violent person. He wasn't going to really harm her, was he?

Anyways, it wasn't really her fault that he'd misled her into thinking he had feelings for her. He was a liar. I imagined this was how he got all those girls to go to bed with him. Perhaps she had been just another number for him.

Just like he confessed he had feelings for you?  a little voice whispered in the back of my head.

I should stop thinking about this and focus on the matter at hand which was Taehyung.

But how do I explain the situation then, without telling him about Tiffany and Jimin? My frantic thoughts crashed around my brain chaotically as I searched for the right words.

Being fully aware of how unpredictable Taehyung could be, I still felt scared to talk to him about this. I was honestly surprised that he hadn't blown up when we were in the restaurant. Oddly enough, he had somehow kept it together but I knew how difficult this probably was for him. After all, as I recollected the time when he and Jimin got into a literal fist fight in front of my apartment building, I remembered that Taehyung had been the one to lay the first punch.

I gulped at the memory. Seeing both of them hurt each other just made me sick.

Unaware of where Taehyung was driving us, I hadn't noticed him turning the Mercedes into an underground garage. Judging by how abruptly our date night had ended, I was left under the impression that he was driving me home, but by the looks of it, he had planned differently.

"Where are we?" I frowned, shifting into my seat to face him.

"We're going to my place," he shrugged casually as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Letting me know might have been nice," I muttered while getting out of the car, slamming the door shut a little bit more roughly that I intended to. Taehyung just gestured to me wordlessly to follow him to an elevator, none of us saying a word throughout the silent ride. A high-pitched chime broke the silence as the elevator announced we had arrived at the last floor.

So deep in thought, I hadn't noticed the building Taehyung had driven us to. The elevator opened up directly to an extremely lavish and luxurious penthouse that probably costed more than I could earn in the span of 10 years. The place was decorated in bright and modern colors and as I let my eyes roam the room, my gaze accidentally cast over the spacious balcony with an amazing view of the ocean calmly reflecting the beautiful night sky.

"Come here," he purred, taking off his coat and throwing it on the beige leather couch. "I want you to see something," he took me by the hand and I noticed he sounded a lot calmer now, which filled me with relief.