- twenty-five -

WARNING: this chapter might be triggering for some people.

***

"Did he also tell you he was screwing her too?"

I felt like a cluster bomb had exploded in my brain. Taehyung stared me down, his eyes merciless as his white-knuckled fingers clutched on the edge of the table he was leaning against.

"No," I admitted in a small voice. "No, I did not know that."

He scoffed, looking away. "But are you surprised?"

The tone of his voice was sharp, almost unforgiving, cutting me in like a knife. I never knew he could speak in such a manner, much more exude such coldness. The gentle, affectionate Taehyung from last night was gone, only to be replaced by this rigid, stern replica of him.

"Did he know?" I asked.

"He claims that he didn't. But do you think I believed him?"

"No."

"Do you think he deserves that? For people to put their trust in him?" Taehyung gave a sardonic smile that bared his teeth, giving him an almost animalistic look.

"I don't know." I whispered, and that was the truth. I didn't know if Jimin could be trusted. Turns out, I didn't know him at all.

Taehyung walked over to the fridge casually, taking out a bottle of water. "Do you see it now? Do you see who he really is?" he let out an exasperated sigh, hands clasping on the plastic bottle. "He's a nasty little fucker."

Still, there was something that I couldn't quite understand. It didn't tie up. "Taehyung, she was at the restaurant last night," I uttered, pausing to see his reaction. He seemed completely unbothered by that information. "She was there just a second before you ran into me and Jimin arguing. Was she there... for you?" I trailed off, not wanting to consider the possibility that she was. Would Taehyung end up to be the one Tiffany was obsessing over?

He sneered, giving the most chillingly cold laugh. "Oh, baby, never in a million years would she be there for me. I ended that the second I found out he was fucking with her. I don't give a damn about her," he huffed and I shuddered at his language. "She thought she could just wrap us both around her finger and we'd just play along. Big mistake."

"Then why would she be there?"

Taehyung shrugged. "Probably for him. I won't be surprised if he got her knocked up or something if they're still fucking. It won't be his first time."

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. I was utterly appalled and scandalized, first at his choice of words and then at the possibility that what he told me could be true. At that moment, I hated Tiffany for hurting Taehyung, but I hated Jimin more for hurting me. The four of us were in some twisted circle of pain. Jimin really did hurt me, as much as I didn't want to admit it, for leading me on and deluding me into thinking that he could be a decent human being.

Part of me thought that he could really have been there for me last night when I heard him sending Tiffany away, just as he had been there for me with the photos. But it was all an illusion. His whole demeanor was an act, a pretty lie he had crafted in order to mask his rotten personality.

"This is just so fucked up," I breathed out, suddenly feeling nauseous. Everything was starting to get too much for me. I couldn't even remember how I ended up in this mess. But I knew that I had to cut this vicious circle somewhere. I knew someone had to start telling the truth. I was suffocating in this web of lies and secrecy.