CHAPTER 33 Hold Up, Wait a Minute

Dirk was at the condo held up in his room when Lisa got home. He had just gotten off the phone with Courtney, who continued to drop subtle hints and a line of questions related to his plans for rectifying the situation. Dirk assured him he was all over it.

After aimlessly surfing the net for several hours, Dirk looked up and saw that it was close to two in the morning. He powered down his laptop—a habit he'd picked up from dealing with Lisa's nosey behind—stood up, and produced a long stretch. He headed to the bedroom and then remembered he needed to grab a few rolls of toilet paper from the linen closet for the master bathroom. On his way back to his room, he saw Lisa's door cracked and the lamp next to her bed still on. He walked up to the door and peeked in. Lisa was lying there on "her" side of the bed, her back to the door. She hadn't said as much as boo to him since their big blow up. He stood there watching her body rise and fall and thought about how much he really missed her and how badly he wanted her back. He knew she had been loyal to him, even though all of his ridiculousness.

Easing into the room, Dirk walked over to the nightstand, tapping the touch-sensitive lamp. Lisa stirred; readjusting to her back and drifted right back off to sleep. Dirk stood there only able to see her face from the light illuminating from the hallway through the cracked door. Out of nowhere, in particular, he made a spontaneous decision to do something he rarely did; something Lisa always enjoyed, but after a while stopped asking for. Dirk placed the toilet paper rolls on the floor and ventured down to the end of the bed, gingerly lifting the down blanket and sheet. He climbed underneath.

                                                                                                *****

Lisa laid there dreaming when out of nowhere a pleasing sensation appeared right in the middle of her dream. She felt confused as she tried to figure out how the feeling related to her standing in the line at the grocery store. Looking down at herself, Lisa felt embarrassed as the pleasure increased. Soon, she awoke and realized at once what she was feeling. Trying to gain her bearings, Lisa reached down and attempted to pull Dirk's grasped arms from around her legs. He held on, resisting her efforts. She then tried pushing his head away, but he continued to resist.

"What the hell, Dirk! Stop it!" Lisa demanded, trying to resist her body's natural response to his endeavor.

"Dirk...don't..." Lisa whispered, now only weakly protesting. Eventually relinquishing, she granted herself permission to lie back and enjoy his sexual favor. It didn't take long for her to reach her moment.

Dirk climbed up from under the blanket and lay next to Lisa. She was quiet, her head turned away from him towards the wall. She covered her face with both hands and drew in a deep breath, embarrassed by the episode. Then came the familiar feeling of being duped. Pushing the thoughts from her mind, Lisa resisted the urge to allow guilt to seep in. No, she hadn't done anything wrong. She had been strong for close to two months, not relenting or allowing her "feelings" to override what she knew she needed to do. So, he had given her a sexual favor. She decided to not attach anything to it other than what it was: a meaningless sexual favor. Lisa tapped the lamp on and turned towards Dirk, who laid there staring at her somberly, an expression she was not used to seeing from him.

"What was that about, Dirk? Why are you coming in here with that?"

"Just something I thought you'd enjoy. From the sound of it, I'm assuming you did. Enjoy it, I'm sayin'."

Lisa again feeling uncomfortable, turned away from Dirk.

"That's not the point, Dirk. With where things are right now... you shouldn't just be taking liberties..." Lisa's voice trailed off, and she sat up, thinking she should be more upset, even though on the contrary she was pleased by his unselfish gesture. She couldn't decide if it was related to the physical pleasure of his actions or the selflessness he'd shown in doing it. While Lisa sat there mulling it over, Dirk reached over and placed his hand on her leg.