two.

"we're just kids,
we're not supposed to be heroes."

"And this is my boy, Kalo." Logan held her arms out, staring down the dirty alley on the side of an abandoned shipment building, a small, furry clump of hair curled up in the back corner, next to the green dumpster. "Kalo!!" Her voice got higher and she smiled as the large, boney German Shepard ran toward her crouched figure. The others stood around behind the two, slightly confused, but one had a reaction very dramatic.

"Seriously, Logan?!" Eddie squealed, grasping at his fanny pack on his waist, trying to remain calm and try to follow Bill's commands of 'not freaking Logan out.' "Okay, I'm sorry, but you dragged us down this gross, unmaintained alley just for this?" The boy spoke fast; faster than usual, which was saying a lot. Eddie Kaspbrak spoke very, very fast.

"Eddie, it's fine," Guinevere chuckled while looking back at Eddie and Richie before crouching down next to Logan and holding her hand out to Kalo. "He's not so bad." She laughed as the dog pushed her hand away with his nose, licking her face. Richie, Stanley, and Bill even joined in, each smiling brightly. Even Stanley Uris was smiling. Logan was very happy to be able to make a rare, yet beautiful, smile like his appear.

"Eds, he's fine." Richie grabbed his friend's wrist and pulled him down to crouch in between him and Stanley. Eddie was hyperventilating slightly at first, but it quickly became laughter as Kalo tackled him to the dirty ground, licking his face. "This is so fucking gross!" He said between laughs, shaking his head and trying to squirm away from the dog.

When Kalo was finally a little calm, Logan asked Guinevere to hold him still as she pulled out a chunky polaroid camera out of her bag; another thing she'd stolen on a late night adventure alone. She laughed as she heard the click of the camera, Richie and Eddie bickering being the only other noise nearby. "Perfect, bud." She grabbed the dog and kissed the top of his head before standing again.

"You second guessing making me promise to join in the sewers, Eds?" Logan laughed at him as they skated and rode their bikes away from the main part of town. Before they joined her on the way to see Kalo, Eddie made Logan promise to join them in their adventures in the sewers. Bill said something about looking for Georgie and the missing kids. With Betty Ripsom being one of the only people at school to say something nice about her bubblegum addiction ("I think it makes you really cool and unique. Your own thing, you know?"), Logan was in from the start. She still would've been, even if she knew what they had coming. Good people deserve saving, no matter the consequence, she'd say.

"Can I ask you a personal question, Guinevere?" Logan did a quick turn around, skating backwards and looking at the slightly shocked brunette as they moved down the pavement. She laughed at the shocked expression on Guin's face, still going backwards.

"Sure, Logan."

"I always see you and your brother around town. He's a dick and the reason there are so many rumors about beverly marsh and I. I thought you and Henry didn't get along. And where is your mother?" Logan swiftly turned back around and slowing skated with the others. "Oh, and what's going on with you and Richie?" She whispered, careful that Richie wouldn't hear it, though he and Eddie seemed to be having a very interesting conversation about Eddie's mother's sex life.

"Pretty sure that's more than one question, Logan." Guinevere chuckled. "Henry and I don't get along, but he threatens to verbally abuse my boys if I don't join him and his dickwads of friends in picking on people around town. One of them being my boyfriend." Guinevere rose off of her bike seat, still going a slow pace next to Logan while still moving her legs. "My mom left Henry and I with our crazy father a few years ago. But please don't say you're sorry. It's not your fault. I hear that too much."