eighteen.

"if my love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."

It'd been two weeks since Bill and Richie fought. Logan hadn't seen her friends in two weeks and it was killing her. She got used to having them around.

Guinevere was not doing too well either. Even though she was still regularly hanging out with Logan, she missed her best friend. She figured it would be best to stay away from him until he was ready to calm down. Not only did his anger scare her, but the anger she unleashed that day terrified her.

The two girls had sleepovers every day, even when Miss Polson was home. They snuck around a lot and it was, to Guinevere's surprise, really fun. "Logan Rhodes, you are an awful influence," Guinevere would say.

Logan took her Polaroid camera, her yellow backpack, and her skates to the Sunflower, Guinevere (wearing one of her signature floral sundresses, which she wore every day since her mother left) by her side. Her father never took her and her brother shopping, despite the fact that she was "daddy's little girl."

Logan, on the other hand, wore a tight grey Derry Soccer shirt, which she'd gotten from Wallace. He said his daughter left it behind when she abandoned him. Logan also wore Bill's green flannel, which she decided against giving back to him because, even though she thought it was fucked up what he did, she still missed him and cared about him deeply. Finally, she had on what she wore every single day; denim shorts and fishnet leggings leading all the way up to her waist. Her Doc Martin combat boots sat in the bottom of her bag, skates on her feet.

"You know, I think Bev was right." Guinevere spoke, walking hand in hand with Logan as she skated slowly by her side. Logan looked to Guinevere and raised her brows in confusion. "I just mean, like, maybe the only way we can end all of this clown stuff is to work together."

"I get where you're coming from, Guin, I do, but you saw our boys. They literally fought each other. I've only known Richie for a little less than two months, but I know he loves Bill. He never would've done that to him." Logan let go of Guinevere's hand and spun in a circle, coming to a full stop just a few feet from the front door of the Sunflower. She sat on the rusty, creaking wooden bench right outside and took her skates off, Guinevere sitting next to her.

"I miss them all so much. I just feel so much anger toward us all for letting the fallout between Rich and Bill happen." Guinevere's hands gripped the seat of the bench by each of her sides before reaching into her shoe, pulling out a small white cylinder and a baby pink lighter.

"Woah, woah, Guin. You promised Bill you wouldn't do that." Logan stopped after taking off both her skates, looking over to see her friend with a cigarette between her pink lips, lighter held up close to it. "If not for Richie, or Bill, or any of the losers, do this for Georgie."

"Logan," Guinevere sighed, squeezing Logan's pale, fishnet covered knee. "Georgie isn't here. Go on in, catch up with your guy. I'll be there in a second."

Logan nodded and stood up, looking down at her dirty, barely even white, socks and smiling at the thought of what Eddie would say about the holes in them before swinging her bag onto her back and walking inside, skates in hand.

"Sir? I'm here, Wal." She smiled, slowly approaching the counter, where he'd always hidden away.

"Be out in a minute!" A female voice, whom Logan recognized as one of Wallace's few employees, called from the back room.

As she stood, waiting to see the welcoming, wrinkled face of the old man she looked up to, she glared at the packs of bubblegum, lining the countertop. He moved them there for her so she'd always know where to go. He knew just how to make her feel special in the tiniest of ways. She quietly grabbed two packages and slipped them into her bag.

Instead of the raspy voice of Wallace, her attention was grabbed by the voice of Mallory, the only employee at the Sunflower that Logan could actually stand being around. "Oh, Logan..." She looked down to her feet as soon as she saw the young girl.

"Hey, Mal. Where's Wallie? Is he sleeping? I can be back later." Logan smiled, nodding to the young woman beind the counter, whose expression held a disappointing frown. "Let him know I stopped by."

"Logan, he's not gonna know." Mallory shook her head, grabbing Logan's hand, which rested on the counter in between them. "He wrote you a letter. Read it when you're ready. And don't let the people in town tarnish his beautiful name." She squeezed the pale hand in hers one last time before letting it go, sliding an envelope towards it, and returning to the back room.

Logan stood for a minute, not sure whether or not to believe Mallory. She wasn't the type to pull pranks on her, but Wallace sure was. Maybe he just put her up to it. The blonde stood there for another three minutes, staring at the spot against the wall, where the old man used to tell her to sit so they could talk about life. He told her so many stories of her mother and him and the adventures they used to go on together.

She finally decided that this was real and was very much happening. She turned around slowly, feeling her eyes slowly build up with tears. Before she could open the front door, it was swung open by Guinevere, a smile on her face before dropping it after noticing her friend's state.

"Oh no, Logan." Immediately, Guinevere could tell what happened by the pain in her face. She grabbed Logan's forearm and pulled the crying girl onto the bench once more. Logan's skates dropped to the cement floor with a loud crack and her arms flew around Guinevere as she hysterically cried into her chest.

The girls sat there for a good hour, Guinevere shushing Logan before she was finally somewhat calm. Her mind still spun with thoughts of what she would do without him and how his name would continue positively through Derry if she was taken by the demonic clown of the town.

None of it she knew, and she almost spoke of these questions to Guinevere on their walk back to Miss Polson's. They'd both now lost people they were close to in the time they knew each other.

She had hoped to have a good conversation about how grief could effect her, until Henry Bowers decided to cut her short by grabbing her by the backpack and pulling her backwards. She landed into Belch's chest and he laughed, pushing her forward again.

As she stumbled forward and gained her footing, she felt frustration overcome her body. She thought back to a conversation she had almost a year ago with her old man.

"Promise me one thing, darling."

"Anything, Sir."

"Promise me you will do whatever is in your power to not get yourself in trouble. You're gonna have yourself kids running around one day and you're not gonna want to tell them their mother's been behind bars now, do you?"

"But I can't-"

"Promise."

"Okay. I promise, Wallace."

"Henry, please, don't get me started. I can't do this right now." Logan genuinely begged Henry as he slowly towered over her and Guinevere. Henry, Belch, Victor, and even Guinevere could hear the desperation in her voice.

"Really, Rhodes? Because now is the perfect time for me." The boy grabbed her by the collar and tugged her close to his face, pulling her head back by her blonde locks.

Logan looked up to the sky, closed her eyes and, while a single tear rolled down her pink cheek, whispered a painful, "I'm sorry."