twelve.

"this is how you know you're having fun."

"Where the fuck have you been?" Richie exclaimed to Logan, grabbing a vanilla ice cream cone out of Eddie's hand while the blonde stopped in her tracks and quickly, yet gently, took off her skates. She was wearing only mismatched socks once again.

"You miss me?" She winked to Richie and walked up to Bill's side once her skates were in her bag. She hugged Bill's side for a moment and they both smiled, enjoying each other's touch. Logan felt it almost mandatory to hug him every chance she got when she saw him.

"Wh-Where were y-you really?" Bill hugged her back and smiled as she made her way to Eddie and held him in a chock hold, messing his hair up before the small boy started whining.

"Seeing my old man." She let Eddie go and moved to Guinevere's side, who was now holding Richie's arm with her head on his shoulder, a smile lingering on her lips; a smile she didn't know she was wearing. Logan smirked at the two, crossing her arms and leaning across from Bill on the brick wall.

"Yo-your dad? Is he out again?" Bill piped up, his protective side showing itself, as it always did when Logan mentioned her father.

"No, Bill." Guinevere kept her head on Richie's shoulder as he ate his ice cream cone. Her voice went soft and she gave Bill a small smile. "She saw her literal old man. Wallace, down at the Sunflower."

"You know him?" Stanley piped up, furrowing his brows. "He's nice man. He's always been very kind to me."

"Yeah, I think he understands your struggle with your father." Guinevere nodded, clutching Richie's arm harder, but not too hard. Wallace was Jewish, but, just like Stanley, he was made fun of for it and, even still, some people won't shop in his store because of it. Stanley nodded and looked down before they all resumed their previous conversation.

"They say they a found part of Ed Corcoran's hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Logan looked up at the wall and noticed the new missing poster that had showed up around town. She now knew the reason Guinevere was holding Richie; for support. Every new poster that came out meant that it was less likely Patrick was coming back.

Some part of Guinevere was happy about it. She never had to deal with him taking out his anger on her anymore and maybe she'd finally have a chance with the boy she actually wanted to be with. She hated that part of her, because she cared about him. And he loved her. He was the only boy who was ever proud to love her. That doesn't just go away.

"He asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben crossed his arms and looked down at his beaten up shoes. Logan knew how he was feeling. Betty Ripsom was a friend to her and she was gone too. Logan walked behind the group of her friends and clasped her hand to his shoulder. He looked at her and smiled. They could both relate on many things, despite being pretty much polar opposites.

Bill walked up to the poster, a hand in his pocket, and pulled up the picture of young Ed Corcoran to reveal a picture of Betty Ripsom, her yearbook picture. Logan had gotten her sixth detention of the year the day before it was taken for talking to Betty too much about what to wear. "It-It's like she's been fo-forgotten now that Co-Corcoran's missing."

Logan closed her eyes and drew in a deep breath, taking her hand off of Ben's shoulder, only for him to grab it at her side. He squeezed it and kept ahold of it, smiling up at her.

"Is it ever gonna end?" Stan shook his head and gave Logan a look, as if to ask if she was okay. He was never too vocal about his concerns. His face, however, could always communicate them. Logan solemnly smiled at him.

She smiled even wider when she felt Ben move his thumb in circles around her hand, calming her thoughts about Betty. Never once did either of them ever have romantic feelings for each other and everyone else knew that, even Bill. But, in that moment, the two of them were very happy to be holding the other's hand.