five.

"all we do is think about the feelings we hide."

Guinevere and Logan were laughing, throwing candies at each other, trying to get pieces in the other's mouth. Their friends were, clearly, preoccupied. Beverly was just trying to sunbathe peacefully and the boys wouldn't take their eyes off her. Neither Logan, nor Guinevere could blame them, though, because she was beautiful and they admired that beauty. She was even more beautiful with her new haircut.

"Hey, why don't you guys just take a picture?" Logan pulled her Polaroid camera out of her bag, holding it out to Bill as they all flinched and broke their stares quickly. He reached for it but, before he could touch it, she yanked it away and threw it back in her bag. "It was a joke, Denbrough. Few people can touch my baby."

"What's with the history project?" As always, Richie was being nosy and digging through Ben's bag, pulling out every little thing before grabbing a large folder full of papers. Logan was sitting on the edge of the large rock that she, Guinevere, Richie, Ben, Bill, and Stanley were all sitting on.

"Well, when I moved here I didn't really have anyone to hang out with so I just started spending time in the library." Ben shrugged and leaned over to look at Logan and smile at her. She returned the kind smile from across the others.

The two saw each other in the library a lot. That was when he was still scared of her, so he hid behind the cases of books but she always saw him. She'd even helped him find a few books.

"Ben? New kid, right?" She approached him, smiling. She'd seen him there before with his nose in a book but, this time, he looked like he was struggling with something and she wanted to help. "What're you looking for? I help out here a lot. Maybe I can help you." She still smiled kindly, a cart of books making it's way into her hands.

"Yeah." He looked scared but he was desperately trying not to. She was intimidating and mysterious. He supposed that was why and that he wasn't one of the awful people who believed the rumors. He didn't believe the ones about Beverly, why should he believe the ones about Logan? Because they're more believable, that's why. "Nothing in particular, just something on town history that I haven't already read."

"Ugh, I get that." She laughed while grabbing books out of the cart and setting them on the shelves as she walked slowly. Ben was a history person, which meant Logan would have a little difficulty finding something for him. She was more into fiction herself. Worlds far, far away from the walls of Miss Polson's Home for Troubled Youth. "I can ask up front for you, if you'd like. They've got some good history downstairs. But I didn't tell you that." She winked at him and pushed the cart away, going back to the fiction section to sort more books.

"You went to the library?" Richie scoffed, looking back and fourth at the two after noticing the look they shared. "On purpose? Logan, I was just starting to like you." He joked, shaking his head.

"Unlike you, some of us are actually literate." Logan fired back at him and lightly kicked his foot with hers. His face flushed and he looked down at his lap, smiling. She was the first girl to ever tease him like she did so quickly into knowing each other. Sure, Guinevere teased him but it took her a while. With Eddie, it was easy to bicker but it was harder with girls. Or anyone that wasn't Eddie.

"Oh, I wanna see." Beverly smiled, taking off her sunglasses and sitting on the opposite side of the rock from Logan, next to Bill. She moved closer to him and looked at the folder that Richie handed him.

"Your hair is beautiful, Beverly." Ben smiled at the redhead, making her blush and push a piece of her short hair out of her face as she thanked him.

Everyone took a look at the folder, saying nothing. Guinevere thought she was the only one who noticed the pattern of the contents of the folder before Richie spoke up, saying, "Why's it all murders and missing kids?"

"Derry's not like any town I've ever been before." Ben stated. Guinevere furrowed her brows and leaned forward with her face in her hands and elbows on her knees. "They did a study once. Turns out, people die or disappear six times the national average. And that just the adults. Kids are worse. Way, way worse."

Logan thought of Betty and the good friend she was. She was a school friend, a seasonal friend. They would never dare even thinking about spending time together outside of school, for they were too different. Betty enjoyed things like watching romantic comedies and playing truth or dare, while Logan would rather skate down the block listening to whatever she had on her Walkman.

Guinevere thought of Patrick and the person he was. Sure, he cheated on her multiple times and bullied her friends. She could never forgive him for hurting her friends. But when things with them were good, they were really good. And when things were bad, they were really bad. It was just like being at home for her when things were bad. But he loved her and, even though she wasn't sure she loved him, she cared immensely for him.

And Bill thought of his brother Georgie, who was friends with his friends and loved everything about life. As far as Bill was concerned, Georgie was alive and he was safe and he was waiting somewhere for his brother to save him from whatever hell he was living in.

"I've got some more stuff if you wanna see." Eddie and Logan both violently shook their heads and Logan looked down at her watch as it started beeping.

"I should get going. I have a meeting with my probation officer." She stopped the beeping and rushed to put her clothes back on, along with her skates.

"Are we ever gonna find out why you're on probation?" Eddie begged, standing up to collect his clothes, the others doing the same.

"Sorry, top secret." The blonde smirked and winked at Richie. He blushed and looked down at the ground as he slipped his pants over his legs.