eight.

"we see what we want."

"What did they say?" Eddie was just curious, bless his heart, but Stanley didn't care about his curiosity. The small boy was being too annoying for his liking, so he snapped back at him with, "I don't know, they just said you guys better hurry over."

Logan was running home when she saw the losers, excluding Guinevere and Beverly, riding their bikes down the sidewalk. They told her she better put on her skates, so she did. If she didn't want to be alone before everything happened, she sure as hell wouldn't want to be now.

So, there she was, standing outside of Beverley's place with Richie, listening to his bickering. It wasn't all bad though. He helped her get her mind off of everything from the gas station, which was more than she could have asked from him.

"You alright, Tozier?" She interrupted his rant about how everyone made him out to be loud and have an uncontrollable mouth but that Eddie called him Trashmouth and he liked it so he didn't care. "You just talked about Eddie for, like, thirty minutes."

"Well, he's- he's," He blushed and looked down at the ground, as he was still straddling his bike. They were both expecting to be well on their way to wherever they were going to cause mischief next by now. "He's my best friend. Behind Guinevere, of course."

"Of course.." Logan chuckled sarcastically as she crouched down to the ground to grab her last piece of gum out of her bag, throwing it into her mouth before making her way to the stairs up to Beverly's apartment. She'd taken her skates off and put them in her bag as soon as they arrived at Beverly's place, knowing that they'd be there a while. "Watch my things. And keep your dirty fingers off of my skates." She pointed her finger at him sternly and he winked at her.

She jogged up the stairs and quietly entered the apartment, seeing Ben staring glumly into what seemed to be the bathroom. Logan knew what had happened because, halfway through cleaning, Guinevere ran outside and informed her and Richie that Beverly, too, had been traumatized. Ben noticed her when she was right by his side and he smiled at her with sadness in his soft eyes. She was significantly taller than the boy, but she just thought it made him look extra adorable. At the quarry, Ben had asked her if Beverly would like the poem he wrote. The two had not really spoken since but knew they could confide in each other.

Logan looked into the bathroom and realized what Ben was so sad about and she felt just the same about it. Beverly and Bill were laughing and speaking quietly in front of the bathroom window, laughing with each other. Logan squeezed Ben's shoulder with one of her hands supportively. "Still like her?"

He nodded his head, looking up at her. "I don't even have to ask you." Ben chuckled sadly, still feeling jealous about what was happening in front of them.

"It's not that obvious." Ben gave her a look of doubt and continued watching the scene unfold. They started to talk about when they kissed in third grade and Logan decided that she couldn't put herself or Ben through that. Bill was never into her and she'd just have to accept that. Beverly Marsh was so much more beautiful than she'd ever be, in her eyes.

Little did she know that every single person who had become her friend thought she was beautiful, especially Bill.

"In the seven years I've liked him," She shook Ben's shoulder with her hand and frowned, getting ready to leave the apartment. "I've learned it's better to just ignore it."

After everyone was done at Beverly's, Logan kept her skates off and walked down the street in between Ben and Bill in only her white socks, skates in hand with her bright yellow bag on her back. She wasn't paying too much attention to the conversation, as Richie was just complaining and she had thoughts of Bill's feelings for Beverly on her mind, until he brought her name up.

"No, I love being your personal doorman, really." Richie rode in circles around his friends, his unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt moving with the breeze. "Could you idiots have taken any longer? Logan and I were bored out of out minds!" You were, Richie. I was perfectly fine.

"Beep beep." Guinevere smirked at him.

"Oh, okay. Trash the Trash mouth, I get it. Look, I wasn't the one scrubbing the bathroom floor and imagining that her sink went all Eddie's mom's vagina on Halloween." Did Richie Tozier really never know how to shut up? Guinevere rolled her eyes at the boy who she'd been crushing on since second grade, though she was seriously beginning to question why.

"She di-didn't imagine it." Bill came to a full stop, making everyone else do the same. Whatever Bill did, the others did. Well, most of the time, anyway. Logan noticed the seriousness in his voice and grew concerned for him. "I saw something too."

"You saw blood?" Stanley questioned, to which Bill shook his head and gulped. She didn't want to pressure him into talking because it was obvious he was uncomfortable, but she wanted answers. She needed some way to at least make her feel a little less alone about what happened with the clown earlier that day, so she asked, "What'd you see, Billo?" For Logan, calling him by his nickname made everything a little less real.

"I s-saw Guh-Georgie." Richie was now at halt and was looking back at Bill, as was everyone else. Everyone was concerned for their friend, who was still hurting from losing his beloved little brother. "It seemed so real. I mean, it se-seemed like it was him but there was this-"

"The clown." And Eddie's words made Logan feel like her heart stopped. Or maybe time just stopped for a second as her face lost all of it's color and she made eye contact with Bill, who looked concerned for her. The discoloration in her face had no healthy look to it. "Yeah, I saw it too." Guinevere had also been looking surprised and ghostly. They both thought they were crazy.

Bill looked to every loser and each one nodded, except for Richie. Every one of them seemed to be broken by what they had experienced. This was not normal. They were just kids, they were not supposed to go through this much trauma.

"Can only virgins see this stuff?" Richie, in his usual fashion, tried to lighten the mood by saying something stupid, but the only people who it made feel just a little bit better were Guinevere and Logan.

"Yeah, you wish you weren't a virgin." Logan laughed lightly, smirking at Richie's blush as she squished her gum under her tongue. She felt like maybe everything wouldn't be so bad in the end. And even if she died, she'd die with her friends. At least she could finally say that she was not alone. She was beginning to think she never was.