sixteen.

"in the end, we have each other. and that's one thing worth living for."

"Stay by me, okay?" Bill squeezed Logan's hand, leaning closer to her, whispering so that Richie wouldn't make fun of him for protecting her, though it was the same thing he was doing with Guinevere. He'd also stood next to Eddie the whole time they drew the sticks, comforting him in a way.

"Bill Denbrough, I will not move within two feet apart from you." Logan smiled, stepping into the house, the noise of the creaking floorboards welcoming her. She let go of Bill's hand but stayed by his side. Richie walked up to her and adjusted his glasses, playfully winking at her after making sure Bill wasn't looking.

"Can't believe Guin pulled the short straw. You guys are lucky that she's my best friend." Richie added, looking around the house, just like the others.

"Yeah right, we're just lucky she makes you feel weird down there." Logan nudged Richie with her elbow, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Jesus can't guys and girls just be friends. I mean, seriously Logan, look at you." Richie fired quickly at the blonde, his usually joking tone nowhere to be heard.

"Jesus Richie, I'm sorry. It was a joke."

"Will you two just shut up?" Eddie mumbled, slowly stepping forward, at the same time all of his friends did.

"Don't breathe through your mouth." Richie added once more, despite Eddie's previous statement.

"How come?"

"Because then you're eating it." Richie diverted his attention to a corner room of the house, which was covered in cobwebs, as Eddie gagged and took a quick hit at his inhaler.

"How are you feeling?" Bill turned to Logan, the two taking a good look at each other to analyze how each of them really felt.

"A little bit worried about you guys. But I'm with you. No asshole clown is gonna take Eddie, Richie, or you away as long as I'm here."

"Don't get cocky nuh-now, Logan." Bill smirked. Logan smiled and playfully punched Bill's forearm before looking to the room Richie was in, only to see him silently staring at a piece of crumpled paper.

"Uh.. Bill, Eds?"

"Yeah?" Both Eddie and Bill turned to look at Logan, then looked in the direction she was pointing, where Richie stood.

She looked to Bill before they all walked toward him. Logan had never seen Richie so quiet.

"What, Rich?" Logan appeared in the room first, but only a few seconds before the other two.

"It says I'm missing."

Logan quickly recalled the time at the quarry when Richie told her he was scared of losing his friends and them forgetting him. She knew now why he was so scared of this clown. Not only did the poor boy have a fear of clowns, he was also beyond terrified of being forgotten.

"Police department, city of Derry. That's my shirt, that's my hair, that's my face, that's my name, that's my age, that's the date!" As Richie rambled, Bill began helping Logan calm him down by grabbing the paper from him and telling him to calm down.

"Richie, look at me, look at me, Rich." Logan grabbed his face with both her hands and he closed his eyes, breathing slowly. "You're not gonna go missing. Bill?" She let go of his face and looked to Bill for help.

Now with Bill tending to Richie, Logan looked to Eddie to make sure he was okay. He and Richie were inseparable, after all. Eddie had his hands over his mouth and a few tears cascading down his freckled face, obvious concern for the other boy.