four.

"thought i was dreaming when you said you loved me."

"What are we doing here?" He laughed, letting her drag him by his hand. despite their age difference, she was still always in control of him. She had him wrapped around her finger.

"It's called the kissing bridge for a reason, dumbass." She laughed, letting go of his hand and wrapping her arms around his shoulder, feeling him pull her closer to him by her waist. Their lips connected as she stood on her toes.

"I. Love. You." He laughed, speaking in between kisses, smiling at her as she giggled. "Now, the second part of the kissing bridge." He let her go, kneeling down to the wood floor of the bridge.

"I think I love you too." She laughed and knelt next to him, kissing his cheek as she watched him carve their initials inside a heart onto the wood with his pocket knife. "But you're still a prick." She put her head on his shoulder and smiled, enjoying their peaceful silence after their week of trouble.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry." He stood up again, pulling her close to him once more. "Soon, it'll all be better." She kept her cheek pressed to his chest, smiling as he stroked her hair, the couple basking in the new summer sunlight. "For now, you gotta go explore the sewers with your losers and I gotta go kill some things with mine."

They both started to walk away after one last kiss.

"I love you, darlin."

"You too, baby."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"About damn time, don't you think?" Guinevere overheard Richie saying as she approached their usual meet up spot by the pole at the end of the street, each of them crowded around it.

"St-stop, Rich-Richie. She loved h-him."

"Time for what?" She laughed, brushing the strand of pink behind her ear, smiling at Bill before looking at the poster stapled on the pole. a missing poster. For Patrick Hockstetter.

"Oh my God." She gasped, not believing it could be true. It's okay, he's just missing. He just ran away like we used to do. I'll get a call from an unknown number any minute from him asking me to join him. Hope was lost. There was no use. All the kids that went missing lately went missing forever and there was nothing else to it.

"We didn't want you to find out this way, Guin." Logan grabbed the brunette girl and pulled her into her chest, feeling the girl shake as they both collapsed to the ground. The boys around them, including Ben, soon dropped too, surrounding her in a group hug as she shook with tears and muffled screams roared from her mouth.

"It's guh-gonna be okay." Bill whispered, stroking his friend's hair as she rocked back and fourth in their new friend's arms. Logan kept guinevere tight to her chest with the boys surrounding them for another good twenty minutes before she calmed down. Her hair was a mess and her face was soaked but she was finally calm, though she still hiccupped from all the crying.

"Are you feeling down to go to the quarry?" Logan leaned down to face guinevere, brushing her hair out of her face. "Get your mind off things?" Guinevere nodded and smiled solemnly. With that, they all got up and got on their bikes (and skates), making their way to the cliff of the quarry.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Is Beverly gonna show up?" Logan kicked her skates off as everyone else threw their bikes on the ground. Stanley propped his up and they all began taking their clothes off.