seventeen.

"we're all just a bunch of kids."

"What the fuck was that, Bill!?" Logan pulled him closer to her as they all rushed Eddie down the stairs of the old house. The losers didn't want to bring him to his mother, but it was their only option. "You scared the hell out of me! Listen, I know you wanna find Georgie but please think about all of us before you risk your life again. We'd fall apart if we lost you."

"Lo-Logan, you know I don't wanna hurt you guh-guys, but I have to f-find Georgie." Bill led his friends quickly to the home of the Kaspbrak's, all haulting before the first step to the porch. Before any of them could debate on who knocked, Sonia Kaspbrak waddled angrily out onto the porch, taking a good look at her son's arm, then pointing her finger to his friends.

"What did you do?" She exclaimed, running as best she could back into the house, angrily grabbing her purse and her keys, then making her way back outside to grab her son by the arm. "You." She pointed back to his eight best friends. "You did this. You know how delicate he is."

"We were attacked Mi-M-Mis-"

"No. Don't. And don't try and blame anyone else." She shoved Eddie into the passenger seat of her beige car. It was a newer model, but definitely would not be considered the most desirable car. She slammed the door and looked back at his friends, fumbling with her keys. She dropped them and turned quickly.

"Let me help-" Beverly began bending over to grab the keys from the ground before being stopped by the woman's arm, which was covered in the ugliest pink sleeves.

"Get back!" The older woman yelled, grabbing her keys and standing up to look Beverly directly in her bright blue eyes. Logan had now migrated over to Ben's side, her arm hooked with his to assure him he was going to be okay. She looked forward at Bill in admiration, as Ben looked at Beverly with the same admiration, both knowing they were thinking the same thoughts. Neither of them could ever believe, in a million years, that the people they yearned for so badly yearned for them just as much.

"Oh, I've heard of you, Miss Marsh." Sonia smirked in the red head's face, shaking her head. "And I don't want a dirty girl like you touching my son." She scanned each of the kids, taking a long glare at Guinevere before taking an even longer glare at her blonde counterpart. "You too, Rhodes. I hope to God you didn't taint Eddie with that bullshit the schizophrenic down at that dirty gas station feeds you."

Logan was well aware of the rumors about Wallace and they worried her at first. She thought maybe the stories she told him on her daily visits were lies. But once she asked him about them politely, which seemed to be the issue for everyone else in Derry, he told her everything. Her mother was a dreamer, just like him. She told stories of her road trips around the country in her van, which was littered with peace signs. Nobody even seemed to care about her "hippie" lifestyle, until she came and settled down in Derry. Each chance she got to tell someone about her adventures, she was called crazy and schizophrenic and delusional. Wallace was treated just the same, sometimes for his religion, and sometimes for his wisdom.

"Leave him out of this, Sonia." Logan spoke calmly, but sternly, her attention now on the woman, but her arm still locked with Ben's.

"Mrs. K, I s-s-s-"

"No!" She waved her finger another time toward them. Logan thought, for a slight second, that if she kept shaking her finger like that it was going to fall off. "You are all monsters! All of you. And Eddie is done with you. Do you hear me? Done!" She hobbled over to the driver's side. As she did, Guinevere let go of Richie's clammy hand and ran the short distance to the passenger window, making a tearful Eddie turn to look at her. "We'll find a way out of this, Eds. We always do." Eddie shook his head and Sonia began to speed away.