fifteen.

"as long as we don't die, this is gonna be one hell of a story."

"It-it saw us." Eddie whispered after everyone was stood up. Richie held his hand to the bottom of Guinevere's spine to give her support that she felt she didn't need. Each one of them still breathed heavily. They would remember the day one of their best friends almost died for the rest of their lives. "It saw us and it knows where we are!"

"It always did." Bill still held Logan's hand as he pulled her toward his bike, causing her to furrow her brows in confusion about what he was doing. "Suh-so let's go."

"Go?" Ben looked over at all of his friends before turning his vision back to Logan and Bill, who stood in front of them. "Go where?" The boy's voice shook, still in shock.

"Neibolt." Bill stated confidently. Logan wanted to keep holding his hand but knew he was insane to say the things he was implying. "That's where J-J-Juh-Georgie is."

"After that?" Stan motioned his hand to Guinevere and to the inside of the garage, where everything had just gone down.

"Bill, please," Logan sympathetically whispered into the boy's ear. She hated more than anything to see him hurting about Georgie, but the longer he tried to look, the more disappointment he'd receive. "Think about this."

"Yeah, it's summer." Eddie added, shrugging. "We should be outside."

"If you say it's summer one more f-f-fucking time." He let go of Logan's hand and grabbed his bike, hopping onto it and riding off without another word.

"Bill! Please!" Logan called to him, already sprinting on her way to the house behind him.

"Wait!" Beverly added as they all climbed onto their bikes, Guinevere leaving hers behind so she wouldn't get exhausted. She hugged Richie from behind as he rode with his friends.

"Logan!" Mike called to her, approaching her as she powered her fishnet covered legs as fast as she could toward Neibolt. He used his head to motion to the back of his bike.

"Thanks, Mike!" He slowed down just enough for her to climb on before continuing on his way to Neibolt Street. "Man, I wish I had my skates!" She whispered, tightening her arms around his waist.

"This boy of yours is really something." Mike added, keeping his head forward and Logan rested her chin on his shoulder.

"He's good, he's just been through a lot of shit."

The rest of their ride to Neibolt was comfortably silent, aside from the fact that Logan was radiating worry for the boy whom she'd liked for years. How far was he willing to go for his baby brother? She knew the answer was all the way, which was what worried her most.

"Bill!" Beverly exclaimed, being the first to arrive to Neibolt and throw her bike on the ground, in traditional loser fashion. "Bill, you can't go in there." Eveyone else dropped their bikes and Richie still slowly supported Guinevere as they walked up to the house, where Bill stood on the porch. "This is crazy!"

"Bill please, I don't wanna lose you." Logan crossed her arms and made her way in front of the group, standing next to Beverly.

"Look, you don't have to come in with me," Bill ignored what Logan said, not wanting to think about how much it would hurt her to lose him, because that would be the only thing stopping him from going in. "But what happens when another Georgie goes missing, or another Betty or another Ed Corcoran or one of us? Are you just going to pretend it didn't happen like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home and all I see is that Georgie isn't there, his clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals but he isn't. So walking into this house, for me... it's easier that walking into my own." Bill turned around and made his way up the stairs, approaching the front door.

"Wow." Richie breathed, astonished.

"What?"

"He didn't stutter once."

Logan and Beverly started making their way up the stairs, most of the group behind them following. They came to a hault when Stanley quickly spoke up, saying, "Wait!" All the kids turned toward him, looking at him questioningly. "Um.. shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know, just in case something bad happens?"

"Who w-wants to stay out here?" Everyone's hands shot up, except for Bill's and the girls', though Guinevere's hand was quickly grabbed by the boy next to her and thrown up in the air. She rolled her eyes at him and shook her head.

"Alright, guess we're drawing sticks." Logan said, going up to the creepy, old tree in the front yard of the house and pulling twigs off of it, making only three of them shorter than the others, since Bill was officially going in. She returned back to her friends, holding the sticks behind her back and shuffling them around before holding them up and making them all look the same length in her hand.

They each pulled their sticks and compared them to each other's, coming together to make Logan, Eddie, and Guinevere become the ones to step up.

"Uh yeah, fuck no." Richie grabbed the stick from Guinevere's hand and gave her his.

"Richie..." She mumbled, rolling her eyes at him once more. She was glad he cared, but she swore to herself she could do it, for Georgie's sake.

"Look, Bowers, I know you loved- love- Georgie, but I love you and I can't let you go in there. It's already bad enough Eddie has to go in." Richie's eyes doubled in size, almost shocked at the words that came out of his mouth. "Because he's so fragile and small, I mean... Just- let someone go in and look out for the little one." Richie shook his head at her, joking about Eddie's size before looking back at everyone else. "Okay, now who's going in for Guin?" Everyone stared silently back at him and Logan snorted from her place next to Bill on the porch. They held hands once more. "Fuck."