🌷Somewhere In Neverland🌷

"What..is that?"

Slowly but carful to not trip on some dead branches I stare at the silent,cold and empty building ahead of me. I grab hold onto the cold bars separating me from that place. Curious at what the place might be I stop playing and continue looking up ahead than glance over to my friend Emma who's also curious.

Emma walks forward and also holds onto the bars, "What is this?"

"It's a gate. It connects the inside and outside." my other friend Norman explains to us.

"Outside huh? We've never been outside."

I take my hands off the bars and start listening to Norman. "That's because we've been here ever since we were born."

"Mom always tells us,doesn't she?" Emma cheerfully says and I scoff and frown.

"Who cares what mom says? She won't be able to boss us around when we're older." i simply tell her and Emma glares and trying to not cry at what I just said. "We should always obey her! Don't go near the gate or fence in the back of the forest because it's dangerous." Emma tells me and our other friend, Ray replies.

"That's a lie." Ray says agreeing with that I said earlier.

"Really? Hey, Ray! What do you want to do if you go outside?" I stand next to the two boys while Emma asks Ray her question. Ray just looks down emotionless as ever and replies, "I don't know. What about you?"

Emma smiles wide and says, "I want to ride a giraffe!"

I try not to laugh at her answer. Ray rolls his eyes and turns away from her "Good luck." he mutters. Norman looks outside and grabs hold onto a bar, "I wonder what this gate is protecting us from."

We all stay silent and I grin and move my fingers closer to Emma's face as if mimicking a spiders legs. "Maybe some creatures trying to get to us." Emma looks afraid and smacks my hands away from her face and I begin to laugh.

"That wasn't funny!"

"I'm sorry, but you're too funny,Emma." she sticks her tongue out to me and i see Ray looking away from us. "Besides your dream of riding a giraffe will be impossible." i mock and Emma's face turns red.

Emma shakes her head to the sides "I don't care. I want to ride one!" she suddenly stops and stares at me without whining anymore. "..What do you want to do?"

I stay silent deep in my thoughts then snap my fingers looking at Emma then I smile to myself, "I wanna get married!"

"What??!" Emma holds the sides of her face and Norman shakes his head and face palms. "Not this again." I hear Norman whisper to himself.

"I'm gonna marry Ray!" I announce cheerfully.

*********************************

12 pm

The bell from our home starts to ring meaning it's time to wake up..but I don't wanna wake up. I toss in my bed and pull the blankets over my head trying to block out to morning light. "Everyone, wake up!" Emma cheerfully tells us all in the room.

"Or you'll be late for breakfast-"

Emma fell to the ground after I threw her my pillow. "Can you get any louder?" i ask a bit annoyed at her while rubbing my eyes. Everyone slowly wakes up and I stand up and check the calendar in our room.

October,12,2045

Today's the day..Conny is leaving the orphanage and getting adopted. I stare at the calendar while everyone in the room is getting ready and making a lot of noise. I change into my regular white shirt and skirt,brushed my long brown hair and fixed my bangs and checked myself at the mirror, my fingers tracing the numbers on the side of my neck.