🌷Giving Up🌷

I gasped and sat up straight from my bed, my palms and forehead were sweaty due to the nightmares. Every night it's gotten worse and despite Ray staying by my side till I slept they didn't disappear. "Ray?!" Quickly my right hand shot to touch where he last once. I deeply sigh and frown when he wasn't here, it's not his fault anyone Isabella would've freaked out if she was us in the same bed together.

Once I stood up I went straight to the bathroom and got myself ready for today. I finished buttoning up my white shirt and was on my way to find Norman but before I left I noticed a small box on my bed. Curious I got closer to it and opened it up to see a bracelet, there my name was engraved in it and had a few charms. There was a letter and it only said.

Happy Birthday Ryo <3

I smiled to myself and placed it on me. I passed the smaller kids and asked where he was, Norman was waiting by the kitchen for me and handed me a sandwich so I wouldn't leave with him without getting hungry later on

"Happy birthday. You ready, Ryo?" I face Norman and smiled wide for him to see.

I chuckle and thanked him "Let's do this brother."

Norman returns me a smile and we both begin to walk side by side and got outside of the house. We both took deep breaths and started running as fast as our feet could take us. Pacing by I could see our little siblings running around, Don and Gilda making sure Isabella wouldn't see us. Emma in the distance watching our backs...and Ray promising to our family that we would be safe. I look behind me once last time and saw a small smile on his lips before I disappeared into the forest with Norman.

I started to remember the last words Ray and I exchanged last night.

********************

"Once you and Norman reach the outside make sure to stay hidden in a safe place the guards won't find you. I don't know what I'd do if we fail." Ray says whispering close to me and I fight the urge to cry. When have I become such a crybaby?

I can't help but start sniffing and feel a tear escape from me. This causes Ray to stare at me surprised and doesn't know what to do when I continue to cry.

"W-What did I say something that would make you upset?" He asks looking away and see his cheeks pink. Shaking my head and wiping my tears away I say, "Nothing like that...I'll just miss you so much. You've really opened up my eyes and have changed my view of the world. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you."

I answer him while blushing and see him glance over to me and quickly advert his eyes elsewhere, "....Same goes to me."

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid with Norman outside?" His cheeks turn from pink to red and I questionably stare at him, not getting why he's asking me such questions. I smile and nod my head. "I promise."

********************

We jumped the small fence and not long after we stared up at the wall in front of us. "Ready when you are." I smile and pat his back. Norman nods his head and takes the device that'll take our tracking devices off us. Norman gets up on the closest tree to the wall and helps me up, I begin to tie the cloth tighter and made sure they wouldn't break.

"Is it tight enough?" I ask looking down and see Norman pulling the rope.

"It is." He says holding it and begins to run towards the wall. I jump down and cheer him on that he could make it. Norman smiled down at me once he made it up and tossed the rope to me, "Okay." I breathed in and out.

I held the rope tight and began running as fast as him, I felt like there was no gravity beneath me when I began running up the wall and successfully jumping up and landing perfectly. "Good job, Ryo." Norman praises me and steadies me on my feet.

"Thanks. Well let's go! I can't believe we're leaving, such a nice birthday gift for me." I grab onto his hand and pull him with me.

I stop and stare at the forest in front of me...the only thing is that we are far from it. There's a large cliff just steps from me and if we fall, we're dead. This can't be it. We're so far yet so close from freedom. I fall down to my knees and feel the tears escaping from my purple eyes. 

"Norman?" I manage to whisper

"Norman?" I manage to whisper. Norman doesn't reply so I look up at him and see a smile on his pale face. I furrow my eyebrows together and stare at him very confused. "Don't worry." Norman muttered staring up ahead.

*************

It's already noon and Norman and I stayed on top of the wall. Knowing there is no chance in us escaping. I only held his hand tightly and felt the cold breeze around us. "Mom must've figured out we're gone." Norman holds onto my hand tight and his pale blue eyes focuses on my purple ones. "There's nothing we can do now." He whispers.

I sadly stare ahead and closed my eyes. Imagining the rest of our family escaping. I open them back up and smiled, "You know their gonna be mad right?" I joke and look at my brother. The older ones are gonna be mad we went back and at our final decision.

"There's no other way. Come on, let's head back."

Norman and I carefully climbed down the wall and slowly with our spirits down began walking back to our home, where everyone were. I look up ahead and see Emma and Ray smiling at Isabella who's trying to figure out where we are. "Welcome back. Norman, Ryo." She announces cheerfully. I can see the disappointed faces at the older ones behind her, we both come to a stop and look up at Isabella. Norman smiles up at her and I glare at the woman.

************

 Once we reached outside it didn't take long for Ray to take his anger and frustration on us. "You bastard, what the hell?!" Ray holds Norman tight by his shirt and glares daggers at me. I stay silent looking away and see Emma very nervous from her bed.

"You can both still run away!"

"No. We have no intention of running away. Anyway, I want you to listen." Norman says. Ray pushes him away roughly and turns his back to us. Everything fell into awkward silence so I spoke up first, "There's a cliff past the wall. I began to run but lucky for me Norman caught me before I could fall." I tell them and look straight at Ray.