🌷Confrontation🌷

(This has to be the most intense and heartbreaking chapter I've written and avoided to write but had to be done. Yes, I decided to publish another chapter today since I owed you all for not updating in weeks. Please enjoy and remember to vote and feedback would greatly be appreciated. Let's get this and the previous chapter to 20 votes and I'll update as soon as I can)

*********

Ray's pov

It's the next day, which means today's the day Norman, Ryo and Emma are going beyond the wall to see what's on the other side. I was a bit worried since yesterday I spotted Ryo awfully quiet and alone on her bed but I decided to leave her be and focus on today's task. I rounded the corner and saw Mom. "Let's start switching out the chemicals." I reminded her. She began to follow me and I started remembering the plan.

Ryo, Emma and Norman will climb the wall to inspect the vicinity. 

Don and Gilda, stay outside where you can see the south window on the house's second floor. Just in case I fail to distract Mom, I'll signal you.

Let Norma, Ryo and Emma know to cancel the inspection immediately.

I wasn't fond of the idea to let Ryo go with them but it's better for her to be out there instead of being out there with Don, or in here with me and Mom. "I eliminated her." I stopped and turned around to see Mom smiling at me and looking at me with those cold eyes, "I eliminated Sister Krone."

I stared at her wide eyed so that's why Ryo was quiet yesterday. She saw Sister Krone die. I grit my teeth and hurriedly ran up the stairs and up to where Sister's room is. I pushed the door open and saw the room empty without her belongings. Mom came from behind me and whispered in my ear, "I didn't need her anymore. That's why I eliminated her." h-how could she? I turned slowly around to look up at her once again cold expression.

"You too. Our deal is over, right here and now."

"Am I fired as well?" I asked not believing her words, "Why? You need me, don't you? Don't you want to use me so you can control them indirectly and peacefully from behind the scenes?"

"That's exactly it.."

"I was doing a good job. To you.." i stared down at my feet then back at her when she started speaking. "Yes, you were a useful dog. That's why I kept you by my side."

"Even if you're a lying traitor

"Even if you're a lying traitor." she smirked leaning down face to face with me.

"Even so, there shouldn't be a problem, right? As long as I'm useful!" I began to lightly cough to which Mom kept her stare on me. "Yes. It's true there is no fault with you. This is an unfair dismissal. It's unfortunate for me. This was unforeseen. I didn't want to let you go until the end."

"Then-"

"But I have no choice. The situation has changed. From now on, I'll control them by myself. It's quite sad and disgusting to also see you once again getting closer to Ryo when I told you not to..but you kept on disappointing me. I'm sorry, Ray. Please forgive me for the thing's I'm about to do." Angry at her I launched myself and gripped her tight. She's going to hurt them and me! She tightly grabbed the back on my shirt and pushed me down.