🌷We'll Get Out🌷

Ray's pov

Still surprised at mom's decision I stared at Norman who held onto Ryo who fainted, then looked over at Emma who wouldn't stop crying and holding onto her broken leg. "Norman and Ryo are getting shipped? That's impossible no one has been shipped in pairs." I glared hard at mom. Mom just had a smile on her face and carried Emma in her arms.

"It's been decided that'll be tomorrow, no excuses. In honor of them leaving and Ryo's birthday we'll have a nice dinner before they leave." Mama replied and kept that sinister smile.

"Then tell me how d-did Emma break her leg?" I stuttered. 

"Don't worry, it was a clean break. I'll heal back without any scars. It'll take a month or two to completely heal. I do hope it's healed by your birthday, Ray." I glared hard at her but it was no use. I felt like attacking her right now, but she would easily beat me.

 Mom turned to Norman and unconcious, Ryo. "Make sure to give me that bag later. Okay, let's go home." She said walking past us with that same smile. I ran to where Norman was and took hold of, Ryo. "Oh, no. I hope she's okay." A worried Gilda said and moving Ryo's hair out of her face.

I couldn't say anything, I was too angry at her and myself. This shouldn't have happened. "Don. Think you can carry her?" I ask. Don quickly nodded and carefully lifted her up and started carrying her and leaving with Gilda.

Slowly I walked over to a shocked, Norman. I rested my hand on his back and saw his blue eyes staring back at mine, he looked away and didn't say a word and began to follow the group. Have I failed them? I feel that I have. 

The smaller children gathered around, worried at seeing Emma and Ryo. I stayed outside and tried to think of other plans on how to get out by tomorrow, there's no way Norman and Ryo are leaving.

Don came back outside after leaving Ryo in her bed and his face said it all, "What are we supposed to do now? Ryo and Norman are getting shipped. Our rope was taken away. Emma;s leg is broken and she can't move."

"Emma's leg will heal up. Nothing else is gonna happen to Ryo or Norman." I bitterly tell him with my back facing him. "We can make more rope, so stop whining! The escape will happen!" 

I glanced back and saw Don and Gilda still worried, "But why them? Why are they getting shipped?" She asks in the verge of tears. I stay silent and began to remember the conversation Mom and I had. "Mom was talking about the next shipment. When she said the situation changed, she was talking about them."

"And I can't believe even Sister..." Gilda said before Don spoke. "She was her usual energetic self. She was smiling and doing laundry, like normal. But now she's no longer alive anywhere in this world." Both of them began to cry and angry I kicked a bucket that was near me.

I began to stomp inside the house with Gilda and Don quickly following behind me. I kept my glare as I walked down the hallways "What are we gonna do, Ray?" Don worriedly asked me. "We'll have them escape, obviously! No matter what!" I shout back at him.

 I stayed silent and fought back my tears, "Don. Gilda. We have to get ready." Both of them stayed back and I entered the infirmary where Emma was.

We both stayed silent when we made eye contact, already agreeing in what we're gonna do. "We're going to let both of them escape."

Ryo's pov

Slowly I opened my eyes, begging this was just a dream. But it wasn't..I felt numb. I stared up at the ceiling and felt the tears running down the sides of my face and onto the white pillows. I hid my face with my bandaged covered arm and continued to cry by myself.