🌷As Planned🌷

Ray's pov

I stared down fascinated by such device in my hands, i've heard of it and seen pictures of it from the many books i've read. "Mom." I called out and took s picture of her when her side of the room flashed brightly for a second. I set the polaroid camera down and saw the picture coming out of it, "I see. There's really nothing shown at first."

"So your last reward is a camera, huh?"

Mother asked so I quickly replied, "I was interested in the phenomenon of photographs. I've only seen them in books. If I were to get greedy, I would have wanted to develop one myself. Amazing." I look at it again and her image shows up. "It really looks like you cut out a moment in time."

Once Ryo sees this she'll most likely be fascinated by this too. I stand up from the chair and held the camera with my left had. "Regarding that matter, is it okay if it's after lunch?" I ask placing her picture down on the table.

 "Regarding that matter, is it okay if it's after lunch?" I ask placing her picture down on the table

"Yes, that's fine." Mom said. I nodded and left the room without another word, reaching out and making my way back to my room the clock struck midnight. I stopped once the the familiar sound filled the entire house. Before leaving I stood still and glared at the lit up room up ahead of me. Without creaking the floor I pressed my ear against it but had no luck in hearing anything since whoever was at the other side stopped.

***************************

The next day everyone was out playing and I sat down against the wall with my camera in hand. I closed my eyes for a while and opened them back up when I heard that familiar laugh. I smiled a little when I saw Ryo playing with some siblings, so I lifted the camera up and snapped a picture.

When I did Ryo looked over to me and waved her hand and began running towards me with a smile on her lips, "Ryo

When I did Ryo looked over to me and waved her hand and began running towards me with a smile on her lips, "Ryo. Call the others let's go over the plan." I told her. Everyone arrived so we started going through it.

"When we start free time after lunch, I'll distract Mom. Norman, Emma and Ryo will climb the wall to inspect the vicinity. Don and Gilda, stay outside where you can see the south window on the house's second floor. Just in case I fail to distract Mom, I'll signal you. Let them the three of them know to cancel the inspection immediately. We have six days until the escape, but at least until January, we have two and a half months until it's time for me to be shipped out."