2: Wealthy Protection

After I stayed in the city for a few weeks, I headed back home, and tried to ignore him all the while.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

No response.

"Is everyone afraid of you because you're not like them? Did your power come out accidentally and someone called the police on you? They must've seen you as a threat." He said teasingly.

What he said really angered me. So much, in fact, that I just couldn't ignore it.

"Shut up! I'm sick of hearing your voice!" I shouted.

"Oh, I struck a nerve, didn't I? So that is what happened. I keep learning new things about you as I look deeper and deeper into your mind." He said mischievously.

"Why? What's the point?" I asked in a troubled tone.

"Well, I want to get to know my host. I know you won't tell me anything about you, so this is the only way."

"I'm not your host! Don't expect everything to go your way so easily."
I said, annoyed.

"Aww, is my little host having a temper tantrum?"

I ignored his remark and finally made it to the house. Specifically, my best friend's house. I called my best friend's house my home because it was the only place I can turn to. I opened the door and walked in using a house key that the family had given to me. I closed the door, locking it behind me. I was greeted with a hug from my best friend. I hugged her back.

"Finley, you're back!"

"Hi, Serena."

Serena was my only friend at the time. We've been friends since we were ten years old. She's pretty much the only one who didn't freak out because of my power. This is because she has similar powers too, except it's light. She healed things and prevented any dark power from taking over. Serena has her power because she was born with them, like me. Her mother is an Entity of light, while her father is a human. The family is rich and I'm the only other person who knows about this family.

They live in a mansion far away from the city, which is in a location no one else knows about. The mansion is hidden in the forest and you'd have to get passed a barrier to get to the mansion itself. In exchange for living in the mansion, I swore not to tell anyone about the family or the mansion. Of course, the Entity following me is an exception. I also promised to help protect the family, which I have no problem doing. Serena always said that I don't have to protect them, but I insisted. It was the least I could do, considering Serena and her family welcomed me with open arms.

Serena looked at me with a grin. She seemed happier than usual.

"I have a surprise for you!"

"Really? What is it?"

Serena handed me a small black box.

"You'll see, just open it."

I took the box and opened it, finding a shiny silver ring inside.

"Y-you didn't have to spend money on me..." I said, surprised. I didn't know what to do.

"I know, but I wanted to. Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's beautiful. Thank you." Serena giggled, overjoyed by my response.

"I'm glad, make sure you wear it all the time, ok?"

"Yeah, I will. Thanks again."

"You don't need to thank me more than once. I know you're thankful and as long as you like it, that's all the thanks I need."